• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow just saw via Twitter a comparison of Bills stadium in orchard park which was a couple feet of snow on the field and then the university of Buffalo stadium in metro Buffalo which had green turf showing on the field. What a difference a few miles makes.
If your ever up there when one of these events is going on, the amazing thing is to be on the outside of the band and having blue skies over head while a few miles away, you can literally see this wall of white

Wow just saw via Twitter a comparison of Bills stadium in orchard park which was a couple feet of snow on the field and then the university of Buffalo stadium in metro Buffalo which had green turf showing on the field. What a difference a few miles makes.

If your ever up there when one of these events is going on, the amazing thing is to be on the outside of the band and having blue skies over head while a few miles away, you can literally see this wall of white
Seriously, lake effect snow bands are SO intense! I grew up just south of Lansing, Michigan, and was always SO disappointed when the lake effect snow consistently stopped just short of my county. Many (many! ?) years ago, hubby and I were moving from my hometown in south central Michigan to Minneapolis - in late December. (What were we thinking! ?‍♀️?) The weather forecast seemed ok, but we ran into an incredible lake effect snow band right around the border of Michigan and Indiana. We were only in it for about 20 minutes, but it was the single most incredible snow I’ve ever been in (I grew up in Michigan and lived in Minnesota for 8 years, so that’s saying something). We almost pulled over, but then 5 minutes later it was sunshine, blue skies, and dry roads. Very, very interesting phenomenon!

Last edited:
B rad panobitch says above normal snowfall from GSP to CLT this winter on his outlook just released, but y’all make fun of my screenshots, so you’ll have to find it yourselves!??
If he is right overall the southeast drought will be getting worse. You should see a ton of snow up in Iowa though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back