• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollie the GFS and Euro litterally drown the turkey with heavy Rain. Webber will have to use the 90 degree rule on Balck Friday.Your right the Canadian has the temp profile, but kinda suppresses all the qpf.

Last edited:
That is not a good look for winter weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You just don’t get it. It’s what follows after. That look floods Mongolia with HP/frigid air (+EAMT) which would eventually favor a western ridge a couple of weeks later. It’s a similar evolution to last year except GLAAM so far has been even more positive.

You just don’t get it. It’s what follows after. That look floods Mongolia with HP/frigid air (+EAMT) which would eventually favor a western ridge a couple of weeks later. It’s a similar evolution to last year except GLAAM so far has been even more positive.
And what follows after actually comes at a good time for us right?

d3f12c46e2a7fa8d551a50fdc5882078.jpg

This little system keeps showing up on the gfs every run. Seems interesting. What’s y’all’s thoughts?

37 and rain. It’s officially winter now. As others pointed out we are probably going to get swings every 2 weeks with this specific pattern we are in. However that also pushes for a lot of CAD when we are suppose to be in the warmer phase. Right now week 2 of December for another switch back to east coast dominated cold. That’s still a little early for my likely although is a much better climo period to score on some winter weather. Hopefully that continues into week 3 and 4 where climo is much better.

Yeah we should come back around to some western ridging in early-mid Dec via increasing EAsia Mtn Torque that you mentioned plus MJO running thru phases 5-6-7-8 (both working to extend the jet toward Hawaii longitude). Late Nov to mid-Dec -NAO potential as well with that persistent Scandinavian ridging lurking. Think a -NAO would have to go big initially before potential Pac pattern improvement, else it will be too warm. Climo on the early side for wintry fun as well.

Yeah we should come back around to some western ridging in early-mid Dec via increasing EAsia Mtn Torque that you mentioned plus MJO running thru phases 5-6-7-8 (both working to extend the jet toward Hawaii longitude). Late Nov to mid-Dec -NAO potential as well with that persistent Scandinavian ridging lurking. Think a -NAO would have to go big initially before potential Pac pattern improvement, else it will be too warm. Climo on the early side for wintry fun as well.
Yep. My biggest wonder is does -NAO last long enough to coincide with western ridging/+PNA which failed to happen last January.

Got that low sun angle though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back