• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 30-Dec 1 Flurries/Snow Showers

Wonder when we get the shift if we can align to a miller B type of pattern temporarily
This is some very preliminary data, It has a lower sample size than I would like, and I’ll post a later graphic at some point, but this is the 15 day progression to a Miller B event.
C951FFAF-49E3-405F-A876-8BF554273E58.gif

This is some very preliminary data, It has a lower sample size than I would like, and I’ll post a later graphic at some point, but this is the 15 day progression to a Miller B event.
View attachment 54660

This is great, looks like in the composite it's actually pretty warm more often than not leading into a Miller B about 7-10 days out, we get a -EPO to seed a trough in the Canadian Rockies with really cold Siberian/"truly" arctic air, it slides across the northern US about a day or so prior to a southern stream wave coming out of the southern rockies to overrun what cold air is left. I wonder what this looks like once you add in the events after 1978

This is great, looks like in the composite it's actually pretty warm more often than not leading into a Miller B about 7-10 days out, we get a -EPO to seed a trough in the Canadian Rockies with really cold Siberian/"truly" arctic air, it slides across the northern US about a day or so prior to a southern stream wave coming out of the southern rockies to overrun what cold air is left. I wonder what this looks like once you add in the events after 1978
Yeah, I would assume we see that strong -NAO signal go away. One thing I'm interested in doing is finding the Miller A/B cases w/ a +NAO, and +EPO, etc.

Back