• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 30-Dec 1 Flurries/Snow Showers

My favorite weenie radar, the old intellicast.

animate.png

Lots of spread but GEFS favors the inland CMC/ICON solutions w/ a closed upper trough over the mid MS valley

View attachment 54640

View attachment 54641

Oth, the recent GEFS trend is actually going towards the GFS parallel and operational w/ a more strung out, positively tilted large scale trough axis. Still lots of time to sort this one out, need to see where the 12z ECMWF goes here, not an easy forecast whatsoever

cea01c97-ac1d-4dc8-9db0-55c47b581ec1.gif

Oth, the recent GEFS trend is actually going towards the GFS parallel and operational w/ a more strung out, positively tilted large scale trough axis. Still lots of time to sort this one out, need to see where the 12z ECMWF goes here, not an easy forecast whatsoever

View attachment 54645

Hour 144 = hour 192 now due to covid, lol

From GSP

Can't rule out a narrow band of short
lived rain/snow showers developing east of the mountains along
an area of lee convergence early this evening, mainly near the
NC/SC border. The main question is will there be sufficient
moisture in spite of the downsloping flow at low levels. Will
look at adding low end PoPs for this area with the next update.
Current winter products look well placed.

From GSP

Can't rule out a narrow band of short
lived rain/snow showers developing east of the mountains along
an area of lee convergence early this evening, mainly near the
NC/SC border. The main question is will there be sufficient
moisture in spite of the downsloping flow at low levels. Will
look at adding low end PoPs for this area with the next update.
Current winter products look well placed.

Wow great catch. Looks like someone is gonna be snow chasing

View attachment 54645
I am also curious to see what the euro does as well. You know it wont take much more to back that around and push the ull into a favorable positions potentially. I will be up near 2,000 this weekend in N GA so I am rooting it on. haha

Back