• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 30-Dec 1 Flurries/Snow Showers

The mountains will wring out all the moisture and the areas on the downwind side of those mountains will be dry and warm. NW winds will result in the areas lying to the east and southeast to be dry, hence why you're seeing that dry slot in the upstate currently. If you want snow in those areas, it's a bad thing.
Um it’s always been a overnight threat for these areas in the east. It’s better to clear out and turn cold tonight to actually support flurries after midnight.

Um it’s always been a overnight threat for these areas in the east. It’s better to clear out and turn cold tonight to actually support flurries after midnight.

Maybe so for climo favored areas east of the Apps in NC, but specifically for his area (Upstate) lying S/SE of the escarpment, it's going to be difficult to get flurries into the French Broad River Valley let alone into Greenville-Spartanburg.

The northern mountains (Blowing Rock) will hold on to the snow showers into Wednesday...with the colder temps too. Looks to shut off 1 day sooner the further you are to Asheville maybe on Tuesday. And if you even further north of blowing rock the snow doesn’t stop till almost Thursday in West Virginia. Per latest short range models (nam).

Last edited:
The northern mountains (Blowing Rock) will hold on to the snow showers well into Wednesday...with the colder temps too. Looks to shut off 1 day sooner the further you are to Asheville maybe on Tuesday. And if you even further north of blowing rock the snow doesn’t stop till Thursday in West Virginia. Per latest short range models (nam).
Blowing Rock is forecast to be sunny on Wednesday.

CMC is likely a winter event Friday for western Carolinas...shows widespread 34 temps but given incoming snowpack I bet it’s more sleet/wintery. I doubt rain in the mtns.

Down to 32.0 here at 4650 on Beech and now the flakes are flying albeit they are small. LOL.

For those in the northern mountains (north of AVL), the flow snow will exit late Tuesday evening probably before midnight Tuesday night. Thing will look epic come Wednesday morning with the fresh snow cover and rime ice covered trees.

A little, @Rain Cold covered, they mention it will be a very quick hitter. 1 to 3 hours and that's it but I'm with RC, I'll believe it when I see it

They're talking 35-50 mph right now though, so we shall see.....

17.1 mph, highest gust so far.

Back