• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 30-Dec 1 Flurries/Snow Showers

Around Atlanta I’m interested in what the temperatures do. Currently 42 here and dropping, but FFC is saying that the temperature should start rising slightly into the mid 40s again. Will be interesting to see if that happens.
I’m curious about that myself. Personally I think it will more likely level off a few hrs and then steadily drop again. We’ll see. I do if it’s reaching the ground yet, but there is rain/snow showers in far NE AL right now.

I’m curious about that myself. Personally I think it will more likely level off a few hrs and then steadily drop again. We’ll see. I do if it’s reaching the ground yet, but there is rain/snow showers in far NE AL right now.
Only seen one mPING report in Alabama with a mix of rain and sleet so far. Should start seeing snow up there in a few hours.

I mentioned earlier that hwy 441 from Cherokee to Gatlinburg would be winners, especially near the passes such as Newfound Gap, and sure enough they closed the road due to snow, ice, and windy. Little to no visibility.

What does downsloping mean

The mountains will wring out all the moisture and the areas on the downwind side of those mountains will be dry and warm. NW winds will result in the areas lying to the east and southeast to be dry, hence why you're seeing that dry slot in the upstate currently. If you want snow in those areas, it's a bad thing.

Is this good or bad
Good for those wanting to go below freezing tonight east of the mountains. Clouds/moisture would mean warmer here. The wind will increase and temps will sharply fall after 5..then we just wait and see if any spill over occurs with the snow showers.

Back