• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 30-Dec 1 Flurries/Snow Showers

Well at least the 850 0C line is about an hour ahead of the 3k's schedule. Precip is looking scarce

Well at least the 850 0C line is about an hour ahead of the 3k's schedule. Precip is looking scarce

Precip really wasn't expected yet in outside of the mountains and parts of east-central TN. Folks in northern Alabama and Georgia have to wait for the CVA max/parent upper trough over Arkansas & Missouri to move overhead to generate enough forcing for ascent to trigger scattered rain/snow showers, that won't occur til this evening.

1606738877141.png

1606739032454.png

FFC now saying snow is possible in a line From Atlanta to Athens and northward.

The main upper trough
will deepen over the southeast through tonight...then push eastward.
Wrap around moisture will affect much of north GA through tonight. A
mix of rain and snow can be expected today for much of north GA
(north of Atlanta to Athens)...with precipitation becoming mainly
light snow this evening. Snow accumulations should be around an inch
or less except locally higher amounts in the higher elevations and

on west and northwest facing slopes.

The main upper trough

I was just about to post this... seems FFC is being slightly aggressive this morning overall. If the 850s continue crashing it's just a matter of the ULL flow and how much moisture it rings out I suppose

The main upper trough

Wow so they are saying the north metro could get an inch.

@SD @Rain Cold @metwannabe are your surrounding offices talking up the wind as much as MHX? Havent read those area discussions yet but for my area they are being bullish.

* WHAT...South winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up 45 to 55 mph expected.

@SD @Rain Cold @metwannabe are your surrounding offices talking up the wind as much as MHX? Havent read those area discussions yet but for my area they are being bullish.

* WHAT...South winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up 45 to 55 mph expected.
Yeah about the same here. They mention the LLJ moving through with a few gusts as high as 45. I'll believe it when I see it. I have yet to record a gust higher than 26 or so on my Tempest. And it's gone through at least 2 wind advisories.

Wow so they are saying the north metro could get an inch.

Based off what type of system this is and models just doesn't seem likely. I assume they are just being broad with their wording because some people could get in a heavier band perhaps but that's a crap shot. I personally think anyone north of a line of Floyd Country thru Franklin County have the best chances for up to a inch. I would suspect anyone below that would see some snow fall maybe a dusting perhaps but hey I'm definitely not FFC and just throwing out a opinion. I generally appreciate them being more aggressive in their calls to be honest.

Based off what type of system this is and models just doesn't seem likely. I assume they are just being broad with their wording because some people could get in a heavier band perhaps but that's a crap shot. I personally think anyone north of a line of Floyd Country thru Franklin County have the best chances for up to a inch. I would suspect anyone below that would see some snow fall maybe a dusting perhaps but hey I'm definitely not FFC and just throwing out a opinion. I generally appreciate them being more aggressive in their calls to be honest.

The wording for the SWS indicated that the best chance of accumulation would be along and north of a line from Atlanta to Gainesville at elevations of 2000 ft or higher. Even then, "up to 1 inch" wording maybe for the higher elevation areas further north.

I translate to mean "Mt. Yonah-ish" and places like it

Back