• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 30-Dec 1 Flurries/Snow Showers

What are you seeing?
I've just seen a lot of models throwing out flurries in the north upstate into the charlotte area. Novelty flakes is the best case scenario. I will say soundings are not very good and I tend to go with experience/climo with stuff like this
edit: also tim buckley has tweeted a couple times today about this fwiw

Last edited:
Looks decent up where I'm going
nam3km_asnow_seus_28.png

Below freezing 850 line already rushing into Tennessee. Once that passes by you just need the surface temperatures to start dropping and that rain band should start mixing with if not turning to snow.
Is precip outpacing the 850 0C line?
edit: NVM, 850s look way faster

Somebody is scoring outside the mountains. Central TN seems like the best bet rn. Although could just be a classic NAM'ing, we'll see
I’ll report tomorrow if this is an over performer. Temp only got to 51 today and was forecasted to be 56. It’s 42.8 at the moment.

Sleet city wasn’t lying about middle Tennessee getting a classic NAM job. Hrrr looks juicy also. Even though I don’t expect it I would also not be shocked to wake up to a surprise in the morning. If the rates are heavy enough to drop the temps I guess it’s possible.
You're in a good spot to either overperform, or underperform.. lol (yeah, I realize this sounds dumb..)

Back