• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 30-Dec 1 Flurries/Snow Showers

I'm calling it now. Someone in Metro Atlanta will get a dusting of snow.

Technically Pickens county is part of metro Atlanta, Mt. Oglethorpe at 3288’ will most likely end up with something, so you’re statement will hold true. I can be there in about 35 minutes to verify Wednesday.:cool:

@Parker NAM looking juicy. Keep me posted. Even if the snow doesn’t fall while I’m there it would be nice to have a blanket of snow hanging around over the weekend to enjoy. Good luck buddy. Need updates.

You got it jimmy! We’ve got a fire burning in the fireplace right now and are cooking in tonight. Love being in the mountains. Hope to bring good reports!

MRX tossed meager chances back in the forecast now, lol:

Monday
A chance of rain showers before 2pm, then a chance of flurries between 2pm and 4pm, then a slight chance of snow showers after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 39 by 5pm. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Monday Night
A slight chance of snow showers
before 7pm, then a chance of flurries between 7pm and 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.

That could be nice if it’ll come south
Doubt it will, the first cold front will have just passed through here and temperatures will be in the 40s. Our chance will come later in the day. I’m thinking scattered showers and snow showers will start In Georgia around 3-5 PM continuing into the overnight hours.

Doubt it will, the first cold front will have just passed through here and temperatures will be in the 40s. Our chance will come later in the day. I’m thinking scattered showers and snow showers will start In Georgia around 3-5 PM continuing into the overnight hours.
Could be a snowy rush hour. Maybe even a white out. Maybe even blizzard conditions if the wind is high enough :eek:

So if you get a snow squall that dumps 1-2" per hour combined with those kind of winds, it could get interesting.
I actually think your on something here. I've been in a flizzard storm about 4 years ago in Pennsylvania and was forecast high winds with snow showers. When the showers came the wind came with it and it was kinda like a mini blizzard

Back