• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 30-Dec 1 Flurries/Snow Showers

I have a feeling it’s a real bummer on here during winter for those of us in SC. I can only imagine the heartbreak year in and year out. Iv spent so many nights with snow actually in the forecast (even calling for 4-5 inches) and waking up to absolutely nothing.
The way you say that makes me think you just moved to SC ? If you have lived in SC for a while it's not hard to imagine.

No I meant I can only imagine the heartbreak of tracking storms on here. Seeing it in real time on the models and watching it go to the craper has to be another level of disappointment. I’m only used to the weather man telling me it’s going to snow and then blaming him when it doesn’t lol.
The way you say that makes me think you just moved to SC ? If you have lived in SC for a while it's not hard to imagine.

I have a feeling it’s a real bummer on here during winter for those of us in SC. I can only imagine the heartbreak year in and year out. Iv spent so many nights with snow actually in the forecast (even calling for 4-5 inches) and waking up to absolutely nothing.
This board will really get your expectations in check. You will learn to embrace the suck as time passes.

I feel like N Bama does a little better with the “flizzard” events as the cold air rushes in a little more quickly than north Georgia. Atlanta specifically. But going up 400 could have a little flurry fun and northwest Atl.

It’s all about the terrain for the most part. The top of the tallest west facing slopes always score the best, but depending on the trough setup, anyone on the northwest side can see flurries to snow showers. They diminish as soon as the terrain starts downsloping. This is especially prominent when it looks like the snowshowers just sit in one spot and don’t move. We’ve had this every year I’ve lived in the northwest Atlanta suburbs, even a crappy year like last year it still happened a couple of times.

No I meant I can only imagine the heartbreak of tracking storms on here. Seeing it in real time on the models and watching it go to the craper has to be another level of disappointment. I’m only used to the weather man telling me it’s going to snow and then blaming him when it doesn’t lol.
You may want to consider taking a 3 month break and coming back here at the beginning of March.

I just believe that at some point there’s gotta be a legit snowstorm again in SC. It can’t just never happen again right? Does anyone think anywhere in SC will ever see a foot of snow from one storm ever again?
This board will really get your expectations in check. You will learn to embrace the suck as time passes.
You may want to consider taking a 3 month break and coming back here at the beginning of March.

I just believe that at some point there’s gotta be a legit snowstorm again in SC. It can’t just never happen again right? Does anyone think anywhere in SC will ever see a foot of snow from one storm ever again?
Yes, stop overreacting it will happen just maybe not this year

CMC/GFS is just NW flow, can I skip ahead to May please, I’m ready to chase those LP corkscrews in Kansas with my canon T7, lightning trigger, and tripod
I will tell you that I am looking forward to returning to Oklahoma in a few months. Finally going to get a first hand look at the storm season there. Gonna be there for a large part of spring and summer.

I will tell you that I am looking forward to returning to Oklahoma in a few months. Finally going to get a first hand look at the storm season there. Gonna be there for a large part of spring and summer.

Yeah bro if you tryna chase with me and @MattLabenzwx let me know, talking about chasing from day to night to get those lightning/anvil crawler shots

Back