• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 30-Dec 1 Flurries/Snow Showers

So what would the setup have to be for us to get a decent snow in the upstate? I know someone said the cold has to already be in place but it seems like even when that happens the low brings warm air which usually causes rain right at the I-85 line.
A gulf Low skirting the gulf coast with a strong High pressure in the NE building in and helps to already have a decent cold mass already in place. Set up of 1988! Other than that everything has to line up perfectly which doesn't happen very often.

I just don't think it's worth it to drive hundreds of mile's for just an inch or two. I would save your gas money for a real big snow but you do what makes you happy.

It’s one thing if you’re going to drive up to Newfound gap, Mount Mitchell, or somewhere in Avery county, NC, it’s probably not worth the effort if not.

Back