• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry New Years Eve Light Wintry Mix The Anti ARCC/Xtreme Weather System

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service Peachtree City GA
1220 PM EST Sun Dec 31 2017

GAZ031>034-041>048-052>058-312300-
Paulding-Cobb-North Fulton-Gwinnett-Haralson-Carroll-Douglas-
South Fulton-DeKalb-Rockdale-Walton-Newton-Heard-Coweta-Fayette-
Clayton-Spalding-Henry-Butts-
1220 PM EST Sun Dec 31 2017

...LIGHT SLEET OR FREEZING DRIZZLE POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON ACROSS
PORTIONS OF NORTH AND CENTRAL GEORGIA...

Colder air interacting with some moisture will allow for the
potential of some light sleet or freezing drizzle this afternoon
mainly extending from the Atlanta metro to areas west. While
measurable accumulations are not expected, some light patches of
ice are possible on elevated surfaces and overpasses.

Hmm
e300eeb7fd12d891d647c7bbf0ddfa15.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think the NAM was out of line this time to warm at the surface and not enough moisture at the surface. Looked good for awhile but overdone:cool:

I think the NAM was out of line this time to warm at the surface and not enough moisture at the surface. Looked good for awhile but overdone:cool:
Yeah, and what gets me is that all the other models except the GFS are initializing and showing snow here including the Euro! Looks like a fail to me on everything unless something pops up out of nowhere.

Yeah, and what gets me is that all the other models except the GFS are initializing and showing snow here including the Euro! Looks like a fail to me on everything unless something pops up out of nowhere.

It would have to pop out of nowhere, the problem is this it's not showing anything in the models (that's not saying much for the modelso_O). It looks like this NINA has the models very confused.

Banter, Sorry

Last edited:
It would have to pop out of nowhere, the problem is this it's not showing anything in the models (that's not saying much for the modelso_O). It looks like this NINA has the models very confused.
Here's all the output. I label all of them with WRONG and Fake Weather LOL. Except the GFS, no snow around here.
ecmwf_acc_snow_eastcoastus_24.png
wrf-nmm_ref_frzn_seus_18.png
wrf-arw2_ref_frzn_seus_13.png
rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_6.png
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_1.png
gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_1.png

There's some more light precip heading towards the southside of town. The temperature has basically flatlined at 35°F for the past 4 hours at KATL. That may end up being our high for today.

Bogus. It's non existent. The sun even is peaking out here now, so all the models are garbage.
U may have sun..models may be garbage but this image is for around 7pm this evening. The hrrr is a great short range model and is good for picking up light precip events. Nailed the last flizzard the other morning when not even the nam had any moisture this far north and west

U may have sun..models may be garbage but this image is for around 7pm this evening. The hrrr is a great short range model and is good for picking up light precip events. Nailed the last flizzard the other morning when not even the nam had any moisture this far north and west
Well, I think I officially just lost all the models in any range, so at this point next one that gets some truth gets the crown. We'll see about later, but my bets are on nothing.

Well, I think I officially just lost all the models in any range, so at this point next one that gets some truth gets the crown. We'll see about later, but my bets are on nothing.
I feel your pain brother! I like these little non events that tend to over perform. Honestly ive quit watching anything outside of 5 days anymore. Weve had a 3" snow and a a little dusting so this winter has been pretty good here considering all the outlooks. And to boot a below normal Nov and Dec. Hope you get a little action
Its 34 and thick cloudy btw

Back