• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry New Years Eve Light Wintry Mix The Anti ARCC/Xtreme Weather System

Now's about the time Goofy sends it swooping toward Mobile, but somehow that doesn't seem to be happening, imagine that :) Maybe before morning it will all die off in Fla. :) But that straw into the gulf on radar says maybe not.

From BMX:

Reports of freezing rain/drizzle in Columbus, MS. This is what we're concerned about today, moving into W AL shortly as the cold air rushes southward. We'll need your help! Let us know what you're seeing at your location and temp if possible. #alwx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From BMX:

Reports of freezing rain/drizzle in Columbus, MS. This is what we're concerned about today, moving into W AL shortly as the cold air rushes southward. We'll need your help! Let us know what you're seeing at your location and temp if possible. #alwx

Radar trends show light rain/drizzle continuing to develop in MS & AL moving East/Northeast

Definitely a chance of some ZR or sleet in the area today. Soundings look supportive for it. In colder areas more north, snow is more possible as the DGZ is lower there, but there won't be much moisture. I don't think here is low enough however.

It’s a race against time at this point I’ve got drizzle and 33. Either way the nam busted

My old man lives in N Shelby. Says he has light drizzle as well. Hopefully the temps hang above freezing- they’re headed over to ATL tonight & joining me for the Peach Bowl tomorrow.

NaM has been insistent on bringing some light winrery precip to GA/SC coastal areas overnight tonight. Routing for you guys upstream.

It’s a race against time at this point I’ve got drizzle and 33. Either way the nam busted

Honestly I think the NAM did ok with precip (heavy mist/light drizzle here right now not being picked up by radar). I do however think NAM forecasted cold push was off by 12-16 hrs at my location.

Back