• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry New Years Eve Light Wintry Mix The Anti ARCC/Xtreme Weather System

HRRR has expansion of precip across south MS into AL...more in line with GFS, but hard to take too much from it since it only runs thru 18 hrs

Nam and the short range models seems to have a better agreement with increase moisture than the gfs

It’s becoming clear the nam fell of its rocker . There is absolutely nothing that supports it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The German model, like the Nam, wants to give me a mix. Gfs shoves it into Fla. To me that's the fun of this, can't just go by models, have to look outside eventually :) The Nam did well with the last storm so right now, the Nam seems more sane. The look says water going by to the south, and cold air up here...equals possibilities, where Goofy is just saying no chance, when clearly there is a chance, with the parties involved so close together, lol. Chance on the northern fringes of the moisture shield, where ever that wants to be. Up here? Albany? Columbus? Back in Ala. there's chances for someone on the board. T

Nam and the short range models seems to have a better agreement with increase moisture than the gfs

The short range models don’t agree at all with the nam being too juiced it appears. Now I see why most NWS offices are not putting much weight into the nam runs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrf-arw2_asnow_seus_48.png

If light amounts yes..from what I understand they may mix "stronger" (i.e more salt) to combat that.. As long as liquid precip is not heavy enough to wash away... IMO I think they are being careful, due to amount of Metro ATL travel (Falcons/Carolina Game 430 tomm, plus Peach Bowl with Auburn/UCF Monday at 1230..) all that said, they prob will hit all the elevated interstates.

Yeah, I’m coming over from Birmingham for the Falcons game tomorrow. Keeping a close eye on weather here and there.

Hr. 30 - CMC is slightly further north with the precip into MS/AL. There's more of a surface low reflection in the GOM albeit very weak still.

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_5.png

Compared to 00z last night, SLP was much more broad/weaker.
gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_7.png

Hr. 30 - CMC is slightly further north with the precip into MS/AL. There's more of a surface low reflection in the GOM albeit very weak still.

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_5.png

Compared to 00z last night, SLP was much more broad/weaker.
gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_7.png
Yeah, im stuck on hr 30

Back