• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry New Years Eve Light Wintry Mix The Anti ARCC/Xtreme Weather System

I'm hoping SE VA sees a good snow event from this I'm excited models are coming west, also I love to plow snow, as long as forecast

I'm hoping SE VA sees a good snow event from this I'm excited models are coming west, also I love to plow snow, as long as forecast
When you say west, are you talking about the NYE system or the mid week potential? Lol, just trying to understand

Nam really veers 850mb winds out of the wsw and advects in moisture while the gfs says yeah no. Thus you get a more expansive precip shield.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ok NOT CONFIRMED!!, but just heard that GDOT is putting crews on "standby" effective at 0400 tomorrow (Brine and road crews)

nam3km_asnow_seus_47.png
Meanwhile, heres the Nam 3km which is an increase as well from yesterday

namconus_asnow_seus_25.png
here the completed 12 km run i didnt post earlier.

Brine doesn’t work if the precip is rain first correct?
If light amounts yes..from what I understand they may mix "stronger" (i.e more salt) to combat that.. As long as liquid precip is not heavy enough to wash away... IMO I think they are being careful, due to amount of Metro ATL travel (Falcons/Carolina Game 430 tomm, plus Peach Bowl with Auburn/UCF Monday at 1230..) all that said, they prob will hit all the elevated interstates.

Looks like atm my County, Tate, gets spared from this. Advisories start in Panola and extend southward.

Ok NOT CONFIRMED!!, but just heard that GDOT is putting crews on "standby" effective at 0400 tomorrow (Brine and road crews)
FFC is screaming dry all over their forecast. Not sure where you heard it, but as said, they probably looked at the NAM. It would be horrible to see another fail if we get enough to cause trouble from FFC and the news outlets again this winter.

FFC is screaming dry all over their forecast. Not sure where you heard it, but as said, they probably looked at the NAM. It would be horrible to see another fail if we get enough to cause trouble from FFC and the news outlets again this winter.
My thought on it is mostly to be ready since they will have a very tight window to pre treat with the activities in Metro ATL this weekend, plus not wanting any "Ice Jam 2014" hype with national TV audiences with NFL and Peach Bowl...

Back