• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry New Years Eve Light Wintry Mix The Anti ARCC/Xtreme Weather System

Lol you had me intrigued enough to click on the analysis button to look at what it says my temp is and it says 46....yeah uh no. I came home late today and my car thermometer said 41 and my NWS reading is 36 at the moment.

So only a cool 10 degrees off.

the models always struggle with shallow arctic air like this, so its not that shocking tbh

Well the gfs says no chance so one of these is gonna bust horribly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guess add EURO to that as well pretty damn close to tonight's hi res
C31_E55_BE-08_A8-4_CE9-_AD30-9_D98_FBA388_E0.jpg

That is NY, but another NOAA site says 1/4 inch. So meh.

If this is suppose to be a drizzle event, than why is it raining moderate in MBY? Lol.

Now 34 and I'm beginning to wonder if we end up beating the predicted low of 32 by a bit at the NWS station (it wouldn't here, as it's too close to the house).

Hmm... so this turning into.. oh well it was too dry or oh heck we got serious issues...even if it is nothing I’m interested to see what actually verifies... here, in Alabama and Mississippi
Well, the Nam put unheard of amounts of snow on you and me last time, and actually verified those kinds of totals....only for much further north, lol. But it got the amounts right. So until it's wrong a few times on amounts, I'll go along with what it's preaching. Especially hand in had with the German model, which didn't do so bad either, in a general look kind of way. I'd say you and I need to look outside during the game and see if we got a post Xmas surprise :) Tony

Temperatures have trended way back for today (Sunday). Yesterday morning it was 41 now i am showing a high of 35 today. I wouldn’t be shocked to see some flurries/sleet up into north ga as the system slides by honestly. Seems like these precip shields are always quite a bit more robust lately. Guess we’ll see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blows my mind just how dry this cold spell is in Tn.,,, even when we don't get big snows, these arctic outbreaks almost always spit out snow showers and flizzards up our way.. oh well.

Back