• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry New Years Eve Light Wintry Mix The Anti ARCC/Xtreme Weather System

With the growing number of newbies with 2 posts jumping in with smart ass remarks to people who have been around since 33/40 got the original weather forum going. other board was known for that garbage...but nothing was ever done. Just aggravating with the non contributing 1 liners from people who have no clue. This place is by far better than any wx forum out there....I digress, and appologize for the kneejerk remark. #lackofsnowfrustration
There are no pending reports. If you feel that posts should be deleted, please report them.

From BMX
A "Winter Weather Advisory" is issued for a winter weather situation that causes significant inconveniences, but does not meet warning (see above) criteria. The winter weather can still be life threatening if caution is not exercised. A Winter Weather Advisory is issued if more than one type of hazardous winter weather is expected, is occurring, or is imminent:

• Sleet (ice pellets) accumulations of less than 1/2"
  • Freezing rain/drizzle (ice) accumulations less than 1/4"
  • Snowfall accumulations of 1/4" to 2" (A dusting of snow does not require an advisory)
That was just the mix for the last time I got to driveway sled here in 05. 1/8 inch of sticking zr, and a 1/4 inch of sleet on top, and cold air in place to keep it down. They were calling for some very light rain mixed with zrain, and I got zrain mixed with sleet late. Iced down all the secondary concrete patches, and was good for the day before the melting took over. Had a great time on a neighbors drive with my flexie flyer...and in her field with my ski sled, lol. All depends on how cold it is at onset. Won't be much moisture so where it falls has to be cold, or getting there with evap cooling....then colder after. T

This is a brutal stretch of cold for your area. It may struggle to get past 25 on Monday. I wonder when the last time Dallas went 3 straight days without getting above freezing.

Its definitely been awhile I've been here since late 2014 and this is definitely gonna be up there for most impressive cold and certainly above anything the last two winters had

Know that it is tough for even hi res models to catch very light precip but noticing even back in Arkansas mping reports of freezing drizzle. I am beginning to get little concerned this can happen over into central Alabama later tonight into the a.m. Also looking at the plumes and it's printing out low "Total QPF" ( .05" or less) over close to the Georgia border. Hard to even pick up on radar but using SDP can see the drizzle little better (can use PD to an extent as well). Things may get tricky along I-20 corridor outside the current WA issued by BMX if enough low level moisture around.
65_AE9_BC1-_CFA6-468_F-_A661-0_ABA5_FA6_AFC2.png

Back