• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern NC mountain fires & Drought

What if it approaches Winston Salem city limits

If no one else is gonna do it I WILL, this is a RED FLAG WARNING for the northern foothills and northern MTN counties of NC

While these fires are bad , to put in perspective those big western fires we had last year burned over a million acres …. That’s more than twice the size of the smokies. Goes to show we need to protect more woods …

up to 300 acres

That’s almost 8% of the parks area that’s burned now . Geez . Rate this things spreading and with how dry the air has been wouldn’t take much for it to burn a quarter of the park . That’s sad, all the pretty rhododendron and mountains plants all burnt . I suppose fire can be good for an ecosystem though, however for human interests and safety we obviously wouldn’t want a fire unless it’s controlled .

That’s almost 8% of the parks area that’s burned now . Geez . Rate this things spreading and with how dry the air has been wouldn’t take much for it to burn a quarter of the park . That’s sad, all the pretty rhododendron and mountains plants all burnt . I suppose fire can be good for an ecosystem though, however for human interests and safety we obviously wouldn’t want a fire unless it’s controlled .
Gonna rival the one in 2012 if we aren’t careful

Gonna rival the one in 2012 if we aren’t careful
This fire ? Lol there’s not enough woods in that area for a fire that size . I very much remember this one . Unless it hops a county over to caswell, vast game lands there . Or more mountain fires appear in Pisgah.

This fire ? Lol there’s not enough woods in that area for a fire that size . I very much remember this one . Unless it hops a county over to caswell, vast game lands there . Or more mountain fires appear in Pisgah.

That’s my concern, wind gusts should pick up a bit tomorrow, and it’s pretty dry so that can spread a fire via embers

Back