• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern NC mountain fires & Drought

Couple hours ago. Has since sort of died down, so I'm a bit confused. Its barely a speck on the most recent frame
I believe it was a brush fire someone was burning and has been put out in the northern part of county on sat. We had a barn catch fire in nebo and reports of another wildfire but haven't been spotted yet. Crews on the way from Asheville. Going to be a long night.....

Its very fulfilling i highly recommend it. Especially if u want to make difference and help people.
Getting sidetracked but I recently started working with the SNAP ED program as well. I’ve been on the educational part but I have a project in mind I can get funded and use as my capstone to graduate . A life filled with service is a life well lived .

Manhunt underway for pilot MTN fire started by campfire in a RESTRICTED zone. Charge them and destroy them. Hate poachers.

I hate to say it but it's one of those things you know will happen it's a matter of when and where not if. But that's why we train yearly and get certified you never can be to prepared for anything in my book when it comes to stuff like wildfires the terrain up here coupled with wind can send a wall of flames straight up a slope in no time next thing u know ur pulling your fire blanket out and hopping your in the 30% chance range. It's just the world we live in now. Carelessness by people is what normally starts it.

Want the wind be picking up, west, SW. Bout has to with it record warming +15

State officials will be investigating the Pogue fire next to see if it was from campers again like at Pilot mtn. They will be caught and prosecuted just like the Tennessee killers years ago.

State officials will be investigating the Pogue fire next to see if it was from campers again like at Pilot mtn. They will be caught and prosecuted just like the Tennessee killers years ago.
To rugged no access were leaning natural causes but the possibility remains a hunter but confidence is low.

Ten house are in danger went yesterday after work and helped blow dead leaves away from homes getting a little to close for comfort. The fire is now almost to the road this morning.

Back