• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Naughty November

Is it just me or does it seem like November has been one of the foggiest months I can remember here in NC. It's super thick too. Cant tell ya how many mornings we have had fog qith visibilities down to 0.15 miles.

My wife and I were discussing that driving back from Roanoke Rapids yesterday. We’ve gotten so many fog warnings from AKQ this month.

Is it just me or does it seem like November has been one of the foggiest months I can remember here in NC. It's super thick too. Cant tell ya how many mornings we have had fog qith visibilities down to 0.15 miles.
We just haven't had a lot of low dew point surges. Seems like we cooled to the dew point by 8/9 pm for weeks.

Wouldn't be terribly surprised if some of the convection embedded in the rain shield in eastern NC tried to show some rotation tonight. Looks like the better severe threat tomorrow is along and east of 95

I remember plenty of nocturnal November tornado events here. Seems they use to be more common. I believe the Elm city tornado was nocturnal November tornado.

I woke up at 430am to go hunting but we scrubbed the trip for other reasons and when I woke at 730 it was damn near zero visibility. I'd have been a bit ticked off if I drove an hour and couldnt see twenty yards Just took these right now as it begins to lift somewhat.

Same views now that the fog has burned off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201129-103854_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201129-103854_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20201129-103909_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201129-103909_Gallery.jpg
    950.4 KB · Views: 11
Wouldn't be terribly surprised if some of the convection embedded in the rain shield in eastern NC tried to show some rotation tonight. Looks like the better severe threat tomorrow is along and east of 95
I remember plenty of nocturnal November tornado events here. Seems they use to be more common. I believe the Elm city tornado was nocturnal November tornado.

I know at one time NC led the nation in deaths from nocturnal tornadoes. Not sure if that is still the case. But it did seem at one time we would have at least one nocturnal tornado event every year for a while.

I woke up at 430am to go hunting but we scrubbed the trip for other reasons and when I woke at 730 it was damn near zero visibility. I'd have been a bit ticked off if I drove an hour and couldnt see twenty yards Just took these right now as it begins to lift somewhat.
Nice palm tree dude ! For a snow lover I would have never pegged you as the type to have a palm tree .

So we have a level 2 risk for the FL panhandle and eastern NC.

day1otlk_0100.gif

Nice palm tree dude ! For a snow lover I would have never pegged you as the type to have a palm tree .

Previous owner before my wife bought the house had them put in. My wife bought the house in '09........believe it or not I've tried to give it away to anyone who will come dig it up and take. I have a 20 footer I'd give away too.

A palm tree with snow fall is the best.
My neighbor has a nice one , I’ve seen it’s frond weighted down with ice ! He first planted 4 in 2014 ( badddddd timing !) only to lose 2 of them in February 2015 , then he replaced them .... then lost the 2 survivors and one of the new ones in 2018. He should have gotten the type shaggy has ,it’s much hardier than the one he planted . Still, the one survivor from 2018 is pretty much bulletproof if it got through that!

My neighbor has a nice one , I’ve seen it’s frond weighted down with ice ! He first planted 4 in 2014 ( badddddd timing !) only to lose 2 of them in February 2015 , then he replaced them .... then lost the 2 survivors and one of the new ones in 2018. He should have gotten the type shaggy has ,it’s much hardier than the one he planted . Still, the one survivor from 2018 is pretty much bulletproof if it got through that!

They are cool when freezing rain runs to the end and makes long icicles. These 2 in this pic are the bigger ones. They're just too tall now for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201129-203443_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201129-203443_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
Back