• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Naughty November

Definitely a naughty member... ;)
Too bad that the data server I use for the GEFS maps hasn’t updated since the upgrade, otherwise, I’d be mapping this beaut galore.
View attachment 52831
Can you imagine the melt down from the raleigh folks if Columbia gets smashed and Raleigh rains ?

Still think 20% sleet-rain mix chance mostly in west for the mtns Monday morning. 10% chance in blue just east of the there if heavier returns develop before 9am. Temps above freezing no issues...just some dry air could help give first taste of winter precip for a few. 5FB7D9A9-034B-460E-A89A-D43FE62F769C.jpeg

Extremely favorable double barrel, coupled jet structure being depicted here by day 9-10 on the GEFS. Rapid cyclogenesis would be heavily favored off the Carolina coast here.

View attachment 52848
I'm curious what your overall thoughts are on this setup. Looking at all the models, very little operational/ensemble runs have anything snowy. Taking verbatim, would you say that there's more to it? Just asking because It's frustrating to see nice synoptic, but terrible means.

I'm curious what your overall thoughts are on this setup. Looking at all the models, very little operational/ensemble runs have anything snowy. Taking verbatim, would you say that there's more to it? Just asking because It's frustrating to see nice synoptic, but terrible means.

The overall pattern seems to support an inland or lakes cutter w/ the potential for secondary cyclogenesis along the trailing frontal boundary near the Atlantic coast. There's so much non-linearity that gets realized in a setup like it contributes to unusually large spread >>> ensemble means will inherently look like crap beyond day 5-7.

The GEFS's progressive bias is rearing its ugly head again, notice the MSLPa trend near the Carolina & SE US coast

gfs-ens_mslpaNorm_eus_fh234_trend.gif

The overall pattern seems to support an inland or lakes cutter w/ the potential for secondary cyclogenesis along the trailing frontal boundary near the Atlantic coast. There's so much non-linearity that gets realized in a setup like it contributes to unusually large spread >>> ensemble means will inherently look like crap beyond day 5-7.

The GEFS's progressive bias is rearing its ugly head again, notice the MSLPa trend near the Carolina & SE US coast

View attachment 52849
So do you think we may start to see something on the ensembles in the next 2-4 days?

So do you think we may start to see something on the ensembles in the next 2-4 days?

Yeah, we'll start to at least see hints of it in the next couple days if anything of significance were to emerge. I'm leaning yes atm, whether that's wintry precip or not remains to be seen but won't take much to see a big shot of cold air here

Back