• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Naughty November

In my cold weenie head, this is torch
gfs_T2m_seus_26.png
Icon and cmc are cooler

In my cold weenie head, this is torch
gfs_T2m_seus_26.png
Keep in mind for most areas outside the mountains average highs are still in the low to mid 60s this time of the year. So while these might be a few degrees above that, it’s not anything unusual for last week of November

Keep in mind for most areas outside the mountains average highs are still in the low to mid 60s this time of the year. So while these might be a few degrees above that, it’s not anything unusual for last week of November
Speak for yourself, 70 would be +10 here

Just need the next few frames to move this 1000 miles East and keep it there for a few days... or weeks... then bring in the SJ...hmmmm☃

You're definitely getting your wish regarding the subtropical jet, it keeps cranking on the EPS thru day 10. Carolinas & mid-Atlantic are in the left exit region, favors deep mid-latitude cyclones

1605907471188.png

An active subtropical jet + favorable longwave pattern/+PNA is showing up on both the GEFS & EPS just beyond day 10. I'll take my chances every single day of the week w/ a pattern like that
Yeah, the EPS was very nice looking in regards to moisture, cold air would be the issue. I'd get excited if we could get that ridge about 500 miles north, then we'd be calling early December 2018 an analog.
ecmwf-ensemble-avg-conus-t850_mslp_prcp6hr-7061600.pngecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-z500_anom-7061600.png

Yeah, the EPS was very nice looking in regards to moisture, cold air would be the issue. I'd get excited if we could get that ridge about 500 miles north, then we'd be calling early December 2018 an analog.
View attachment 52716View attachment 52717

Yeah, no doubt if this was the heart of winter, we'd be at least 3-4F+ degrees cooler in the means and certainly have a real good chance. Pattern looks just favorable enough imo where I think we may have a legitimate shot down the line.

We'll have to see what emerges in due time and it may end up looking cooler than that if this pattern comes to fruition because those long range ensemble means often damp out the true anomalies due to dispersion &/or if we happen to get a particularly strong mid-latitude cyclone that creates its own cold air and is able to draw more cP air out of Canada.

Back