• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Naughty November

Crazy how even a small city like Birmingham can have such a huge heat island. Is the area Birmingham's airport is in even very urban ? I was thinking it was pretty forested and relatively rural over there.
It's close enough to downtown to be affected by the heat island.. I think there should be a rule that they take weather sites away from the airport it's not representative of what's going on in surrounding areas

It's close enough to downtown to be affected by the heat island.. I think there should be a rule that they take weather sites away from the airport it's not representative of what's going on in surrounding areas
I agree 100%. While it's no doubt getting warmer, the fact that snowfall averages have fallen big time over 30 years proves that, this skews the numbers ever more upward.

I agree 100%. While it's no doubt getting warmer, the fact that snowfall averages have fallen big time over 30 years proves that, this skews the numbers ever more upward.
I agree 100% also with your statement.. I've even read articles where airplanes mix up the air to the point that temps dont cool as much as even downtown areas.

I find it funny how we’ve started out with good patterns in early December the last 4 years, then it switches to a dumpster fire, and ensembles start out with a solid pattern for early DEC....View attachment 52639View attachment 52637View attachment 52638View attachment 52636

Per latest indications, whereas the rest of the US looks to torch, the SE may be near normal for 12/1-5. That would be nice. Also, I'm enjoying the current chill very much. Hopefully I can get out there and walk this evening.

Back