• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Naughty November

Pretty pitiful that Atlanta couldn't manage to get below 37 the last 2 mornings. I guess the heat island only applies to Atlanta and not Nashville, Charlotte, or Raleigh.

With the airport sitting on a ridge at around 1000', completely surrounded by three large interstates, and being so close to the main part of the city, the UBI effect is just that more exponential. Lower areas that are farther out like La Grange and Newnan area always colder at night. The coldest I got was 34F at 1140' when all the lower areas a hundred or two feet lower hit freezing. I was driving back through western North Carolina last night and when I was going over a ridge top the temp was at least 5 degrees warmer than the valleys.

Idk what the euro did last night but hey at least we’re looking at a better pattern that has a small shot at producing vs a all agreeing and hope crushing SER C3781E4E-DCE4-41DB-B0F5-B82DDC694436.png

Idk what the euro did last night but hey at least we’re looking at a better pattern that has a small shot at producing vs a all agreeing and hope crushing SER View attachment 52614

5073f212e225e431cff7da53672bb40e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty pitiful that Atlanta couldn't manage to get below 37 the last 2 mornings. I guess the heat island only applies to Atlanta and not Nashville, Charlotte, or Raleigh.
I couldn't belive how warm we were in Bham this morning compared to surrounding areas

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1605808190784.jpg
    FB_IMG_1605808190784.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 28
I couldn't belive how warm we were in Bham this morning compared to surrounding areas
Crazy how even a small city like Birmingham can have such a huge heat island. Is the area Birmingham's airport is in even very urban ? I was thinking it was pretty forested and relatively rural over there.

Last edited:
Crazy how even a small city like Birmingham can have such a huge heat island. Is the area Birmingham's airport is in even very urban ? I was thinking it was pretty forested and relatively rural over there.
Its hit & miss around the airport as far as residential .To the north you have of it there are decent sized neighborhoods once you go Northeast alot has been torn down. Downtown Birmingham isn't far from the airport so that plays a major part

Back