• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Naughty November

Raysweather said Wilkes got 0” officially last winter. But I had a few events near 1”.

Pretty pitiful that Atlanta couldn't manage to get below 37 the last 2 mornings. I guess the heat island only applies to Atlanta and not Nashville, Charlotte, or Raleigh.

Pretty pitiful that Atlanta couldn't manage to get below 37 the last 2 mornings. I guess the heat island only applies to Atlanta and not Nashville, Charlotte, or Raleigh.
Well for one RDU airport isn't in as much of a UHI spot as Atlantas airport, I think Nashville's station, however, has just as much UHI as Atlanta. Charlottes airport is next to a river, don't know how that plays in.

Well for one RDU airport isn't in as much of a UHI spot as Atlantas airport, I think Nashville's station, however, has just as much UHI as Atlanta. Charlottes airport is next to a river, don't know how that plays in.
I don't know much about Atlanta's layout, but a lot of Charlotte at least on the north side of town is not very urbanized, like a lot of my part of Charlotte looks more like a small town than a neighborhood in a large city.

I'm not sure if being further south has much to do with it, since LaGrange was 31 this morning which is way south of you.
There are other factors in play on clear cold nights. I've only managed 32 last night which is the coldest this year. I'm not really in a UHI. Parts of Columbia SC got colder than me last night as is the case most of the time with these setups. But I'd much rather be here than Columbia or LaGrange when a winterstorm comes. They can have their clear cold radiational cooling, I'll take my sleet!

Heyo
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_37.png

Uh oh
Edit: Just one member ?

Attachments

• 3210E0DF-2050-4A5F-B056-C54836AC8ED3.png
    3210E0DF-2050-4A5F-B056-C54836AC8ED3.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Back