• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Natural and World events ( non political stuff )

Incredible shock wave. Curious to see what material(s) were involved

Some reports are it was a munitions warehouse for ( insert favorite terrorist group here) but the big red cloud is a dead giveaway for that time honored source a huge explosions the world over good ole ammonia nitrate.....news report state there were 2750 TONS of ammonia nitrate stored there and well that would explain a lot I mean that puts this about 1/6th the power of the Hiroshima bomb......

"Diab said it was "unacceptable" that a shipment of ammonium nitrate estimated at 2,750 tons had been in warehouse for six years without "preventive measures" in place to protect it. The chemical compound, which is commercially available, is used widely in fertilizers and explosives."

Last edited:
Some reports are it was a munitions warehouse for ( insert favorite terrorist group here) but the big red cloud is a dead giveaway for that time honored source a huge explosions the world over good ole ammonia nitrate.....news report state there were 2750 TONS of ammonia nitrate stored there and well that would explain a lot I mean that puts this about 1/6th the power of the Hiroshima bomb......

"Diab said it was "unacceptable" that a shipment of ammonium nitrate estimated at 2,750 tons had been in warehouse for six years without "preventive measures" in place to protect it. The chemical compound, which is commercially available, is used widely in fertilizers and explosives."
I wouldnt rule out a purposeful attack here. One large blast of that magnitude. Be interesting to see the intelligence that comes about

I wouldnt rule out a purposeful attack here. One large blast of that magnitude. Be interesting to see the intelligence that comes about

It does sure look like a fireworks/munition type event to start with.........and unfortunately for the city they had 2700 tons of ammonia nitrate stored to close and boom......

Last edited:
I guess the question is how did the first fire begin? The OK bomber used 2 tons I believe, just for comparison.

If it is strictly an accident then it's very similar to this

Of course being that's it's the Mideast I'm definitely skeptical

Screenshot_20200805-014528.png

Folks on twitter found this image that matches the warehouse in videos, apparently there were people trying to WELD something near or in the warehouse full of AMPOL......this is why we have OSHA....they also confirm the were keeping "fireworks" next door....

Live Stream video since obviously this guy didnt make it....

Crater left behind filled with sea water and the grain silos emptied into the crater....

EeospS6XgAAOKbk.jpg

Last edited:
tenor.gif

A Russian abandoned ship may be the source of the nitrate. A source warning is needed here since it's from the daily beast.

Ive seen daisy cutters go off close enough to my position to feel the effects of shock wave and its an experience. This blast was incredible......crazy footage

Ive seen daisy cutters go off close enough to my position to feel the effects of shock wave and its an experience. This blast was incredible......crazy footage

estimates are 1-2 KT's and we got video from inside 1000 meters....the video of the roof of the car crushing with people standing around is nuts to me.....those people dealt with some serious overpressure, it also likely that Beirut will single handily require all the worlds widow glass production for the next several months....

Folks on twitter found this image that matches the warehouse in videos, apparently there were people trying to WELD something near or in the warehouse full of AMPOL......this is why we have OSHA....they also confirm the were keeping "fireworks" next door....

Live Stream video since obviously this guy didnt make it....

Crater left behind filled with sea water and the grain silos emptied into the crater....

View attachment 46074

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't diesel fuel have to be added to ammonium nitrate for it to explode? Might have been some diesel stored in there somewhere (which would be crazy).

Back