• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Natural and World events ( non political stuff )

They tried going straight DST in the 70's it did not go well, people end up hating it, if your in the western part of your time zone sunrise is 8-9 am for several months....I am all for not switching back and forth but I am team standard time....

They tried going straight DST in the 70's it did not go well, people end up hating it, if your in the western part of your time zone sunrise is 8-9 am for several months....I am all for not switching back and forth but I am team standard time....
I'm probably one of the few that actually like the time change. If you leave it at standard some sunrises in June will be around 4 am or shortly after and of course DST leaves 8:30 am or later sunrises in Winter so I like shifting. I personally think too many have made a big deal about a 1 hour loss of time each year that has lead to this, like no one has ever traveled across a time zone and had to adapt

I'm probably one of the few that actually like the time change. If you leave it at standard some sunrises in June will be around 4 am or shortly after and of course DST leaves 8:30 am or later sunrises in Winter so I like shifting. I personally think too many have made a big deal about a 1 hour loss of time each year that has lead to this, like no one has ever traveled across a time zone and had to adapt

I kinda see this POV, but the number of studies out there that show some relationship with time changes and health issues seems hard to ignore...

We've become soft

People existed for literally 10's of thousands of years without needing to change the time, there is tons of actual science that shows abrupt changes to sleep patterns is bad for us.....so saying we are soft is a bit of a stretch....

People existed for literally 10's of thousands of years without needing to change the time, there is tons of actual science that shows abrupt changes to sleep patterns is bad for us.....so saying we are soft is a bit of a stretch....
People complaining that is dark later and the sun is out to late is soft.

People complaining that is dark later and the sun is out to late is soft.

Tha'ts really not what the problem with it is, nor is it the reason the government is looking at ending the switching back and forth...The reasons they want to stop switching is its bad for health and productivity etc, not because people want the sunset to be earlier or later.

Tha'ts really not what the problem with it is, nor is it the reason the government is looking at ending the switching back and forth...The reasons they want to stop switching is its bad for health and productivity etc, not because people want the sunset to be earlier or later.
Yea I get that but I’m talking about what the avg Karen doesn’t want it. I agree tho, pick one and keep it. Switching is dumb.

Tiktok changing the world
[Insert most prevalent social media platform in current year] is changing the world. The entire internet as a whole is, has been, and will keep doing this. The means of communications of ideas will keep growing as time goes on so there will be clashes of this all the time. You never heard of people being soft about this pre-internet because most people around you on a daily basis that you communicated with were all about the same as you or kept silly things to themselves. Now people just throw whatever they want out there and some over-sheltered people will react extremely and have similar people do the same. Those people are only amplified by the internet but in reality most people, even those who are overly vocal, won't care whatever happens and will adapt just fine to whatever.

[Insert most prevalent social media platform in current year] is changing the world. The entire internet as a whole is, has been, and will keep doing this. The means of communications of ideas will keep growing as time goes on so there will be clashes of this all the time. You never heard of people being soft about this pre-internet because most people around you on a daily basis that you communicated with were all about the same as you or kept silly things to themselves. Now people just throw whatever they want out there and some over-sheltered people will react extremely and have similar people do the same. Those people are only amplified by the internet but in reality most people, even those who are overly vocal, won't care whatever happens and will adapt just fine to whatever.
Well many on here never heard about it before the internet for 2 reasons 1) they weren't around then 2) people were in fact tougher, more physical labor, long days working, survived off minimal wages. Technology is great but it has made us a softer people overall.

Well many on here never heard about it before the internet for 2 reasons 1) they weren't around then 2) people were in fact tougher, more physical labor, long days working, survived off minimal wages. Technology is great but it has made us a softer people overall.
We never had 3rd place trophies back than. #Worldissoft

Back