• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Muddy March 2021

And the 12k for Thursday
namconus_T2m_seus_44.png
GFS carries 60s further north than the 12k, also may be 1-2F low for some areas since there's still a little heating left after 18z
gfs_T2m_seus_10.png

Fwiw, the 12z GFS parallel is trying to do exactly this & the sfc low is knocking on our doorstep. A few subtle NW shifts from the 12z GFS para and snow will start breaking out in the coastal plain of the Carolinas.

View attachment 77497

View attachment 77498

Will be sad and hilarious for the NW trend to not happen when we actually need it too versus every other time when it screws us....

What really sucks is this could easily turn into something special....especially for folks in the eastern half of NC.....

Will be sad and hilarious for the NW trend to not happen when we actually need it too versus every other time when it screws us....

What really sucks is this could easily turn into something special....especially for folks in the eastern half of NC.....

I'm honestly just trying to say it's way too early for any sentiment like this, we got a long ways to go w/ this one.

Anytime you see multiple-several waves interacting between different branches of the jet like this, you should almost always assume forecast confidence is gonna be much lower than usual as their interactions cause larger than usual non-linear growth in forecast errors & thus larger uncertainties that rapidly grow upsacle and propagate forward in time.

Today's NWP models are generally undispersed (i.e. there is usually too little spread between & amongst ensemble members) to handle situations like this and you'll rarely get a full, legitimate suite of forecast outcomes. It's the kind of situation you should immediately recognize as a point of contention whether you're a meteorologist, a student, or interested hobbyist.

1614704462415.png

A lot of the models bringing the cold hammer back down after the brief warmup the models are showing ... well at least it’ll be nice while it’s here

No wintry precip but Tony ( @dsaur ) gets his freeze back for 3/7.

Make that he gets both freezes back, 3/7-8.
Well, the 0 line is closer to me, and the rain underneath is just as close, probably closer, I think I could see some onset sleet late week...at least, lol My low this winter was in the 20's. That's so pitiful, I need some winter joy, lol. I realize the moles release a lot of methane with their experiments, but this personal climate change thing going on over me, has to stop.

Well, the 0 line is closer to me, and the rain underneath is just as close, probably closer, I think I could see some onset sleet late week...at least, lol My low this winter was in the 20's. That's so pitiful, I need some winter joy, lol. I realize the moles release a lot of methane with their experiments, but this personal climate change thing going on over me, has to stop.
It's been sleeting in LaGrange so maybe you will get some too ?

Back