• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Muddy March 2021

Nice view.. cool Feature off the NC/SC Coast this Morning..

Is it "warm core"?? It appears to be right over the Gulf Stream..
Looks mostly cold core for now, usually takes several days for tropical transition to occur and for a substantial warm core to build up. Some models show it becoming shallow warm core in the next day or two

Nice view.. cool Feature off the NC/SC Coast this Morning..

Is it "warm core"?? It appears to be right over the Gulf Stream..
Definitely not warm core, although yesterday it began to attempt to transition to subtropical. By today its a bare vortex with no convection and cold air entrained back into the core. SSTs are also simply too cold, maybe around 20 degrees Celsius.1616505941565.png

Definitely not warm core, although yesterday it began to attempt to transition to subtropical. By today its a bare vortex with no convection and cold air entrained back into the core. SSTs are also simply too cold, maybe around 20 degrees Celsius.View attachment 80043
This looks like the old gfs from 6z yesterday. New GFS is much more enthusiastic about this becoming shallow warm core

This looks like the old gfs from 6z yesterday. New GFS is much more enthusiastic about this becoming shallow warm core
It is from yesterday. I was showing how yesterday it was on the verge of transitioning. I didn't think conditions were expected to get better though and assumed it was all downhill from there.

It is from yesterday. I was showing how yesterday it was on the verge of transitioning. I didn't think conditions were expected to get better though and assumed it was all downhill from there.
I’m actually saying that the gfs model was upgraded at 12z yesterday, I wouldn’t look at runs from the older version of the gfs.

Hug the CMC
gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_19.png
gem_T2m_seus_20.png

Back