• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry More SE Snow ? (1/16-1/18)

I wanna say thank you too all the amazing people on this site. Made for an awesome system to track. Got nearly 1". No complaints from me. My forecast map did ok from what I can tell as well. Great job everyone

I wanna say thank you too all the amazing people on this site. Made for an awesome system to track. Got nearly 1". No complaints from me. My forecast map did ok from what I can tell as well. Great job everyone

Weren't you the first met down there to mention snow?

from Brad P's facebook... shows the snow hole in all its ugly glory:
26734310_1855204194552028_6389998958123607961_n.jpg

Ended up 7.5 to 8. Awesome storm and felt good tracking an overperformer with nothing but posotive trends all the way in for a change. Great job by alot guys on here. Some tv mets would do a better job reading from here instead of lock stepping with nws. Best part is seeing alot others cash in. Hopefully we can rack up 1 or 2 more before the mosquitoes and weeds return

since the storm is almost over, I figured a little more jest, frivolity can be thrown back into comments, instead of straightforward analysis and cold observation.. (get it, 'cold' observation?)...

Ended up with a 3 inch total in Montgomery, which along with 2/12/10 is the most since '93. We've seen two 3"+ snow events this decade, that's crazy and I'm not even counting the 1" events such as 1/28/14 and 12/08/17.

Personally this is right up there with 2/12/10 and I actually may put this at #1 because of the conditions, the fact that it was freezing combined with the wind and the snow sticking to the roads. Also, it was my first time being in the sweet spot of a snowstorm in Alabama.

Ended up with a 3 inch total in Montgomery, which along with 2/12/10 is the most since '93. We've seen two 3"+ snow events this decade, that's crazy and I'm not even counting the 1" events such as 1/28/14 and 12/08/17.

Personally this is right up there with 2/12/10 and I actually may put this at #1 because of the conditions, the fact that it was freezing combined with the wind and the snow sticking to the roads. Also, it was my first time being in the sweet spot of a snowstorm in Alabama.
yeah, there's nothing like snow, and sub 28 temps... personally I live for teens and heavy snow conditions.. only met here in CHA a very few times in my lifetime. Once, I'd like to have single digits and heavy snow, but probably have to go above 5000 ft in the Smokies for that.

Back