• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry More SE Snow ? (1/16-1/18)

Yea the band is currently moving thru Wake Forest right now, definitely worth going outside and looking at because it may be the last steady band for the event. We still have some snow to contend w/ underneath the ULL to our west after this goes by that will give about a trace to maybe an inch or so in a few isolated areas...
Was expecting that to die out but it’s holding together. That would be nice. Still have light snow with out much on the radar.

Well, Western Midlands should be seeing accumulating snow through the next few hours. Things slowly getting white here in Lexington and heavier returns on the way.

Temperatures not a problem.

Well that is certainly a pleasant surprise.

Was expecting that to die out but it’s holding together. That would be nice. Still have light snow with out much on the radar.

Yeah it produced another 0.5" or so here in about 20-30 minutes or so, not bad. There's a weaker secondary band to our west over Alamance, western Chatham, & Moore Counties that will head our way over the next few hours and provide some light additional snowfall accumulations (hopefully)
Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 7.06.51 PM.png

Omgd the Carolina snow pics on Twitter leave me thirsty for more ...

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
Still have a month to go in this winter. February could bring the goods. I would love a good 5 to 6 inch storm again. I also want to go for a record amount in a winter of what I have seen. We are at 3 measurable snows now, and 3 is my record.

Omgd the Carolina snow pics on Twitter leave me thirsty for more ...

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
I have some good ones that I will post. 1.5 sleet , 9 inches of powder and a temp of - 5 in 4 days is for sure like the good old days. Congrats to everyone that scored.

Well what a great storm in Cary. I have to say the NAM and hrrr nailed my forecast.. and of course Eric nailed it as well, but what’s new. I finished with right at 7”. What a day. View attachment 3310
Nice man. You guys did great over that way. I’m happy with my 4ish.

Back