• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry More SE Snow ? (1/16-1/18)

Nice man. You guys did great over that way. I’m happy with my 4ish.
Thanks man. I hate y’all had issues accumulating in the beginning but 4 is still a huge win! This winter will be one I think we will reference in future years between the cold arctic outbreaks and the last two storms. Much more than I expected going into this season. I hope you squeeze out another inch as this back builds a bit and this band to our west looks to be gaining some steam

Well, Western Midlands should be seeing accumulating snow through the next few hours. Things slowly getting white here in Lexington and heavier returns on the way.

Temperatures not a problem.

See! You may make something out of this afterall. Unfortunately, that band doesn't look to extend out towards my way.

Thanks man. I hate y’all had issues accumulating in the beginning but 4 is still a huge win! This winter will be one I think we will reference in future years between the cold arctic outbreaks and the last two storms. Much more than I expected going into this season. I hope you squeeze out another inch as this back builds a bit and this band to our west looks to be gaining some steam

Yeah the band to the west over Chatham and Orange counties is intensifying can certainly drop another 0.5" or so and push cold rain closer to 5"

Yeah, this system was a lot of fun. Growing up, I remember watching the weathermen scrambling to increase totals as the event was imminent or underway. This happened frequently but has been largely absent of late. It was a lot of fun this time. Kind of nostalgic.

I'm waking up from a nap, but the METARS is showing mid-20s and light snow just west of Pittsboro. Also, there are numerous power outages already reported around town, and the power here at my folks place is trying to quit too. Gonna be an interesting night if this keeps up!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I saw a couple on Facebook that love a good ole fashion Heat ridge with blazing temps having fun in the snow . They are a perfect match. I know what southernwx is sending them for their wedding gift ....

Congrats to everyone that got snow today

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Winner winner chicken dinner! Here in Troup County GA!!! Bullseye!!! Heaviest snow in Ga!!! 2 days off from school ... at least! I shall not complain the rest of the winter!!! Unless a storm system screws up my Saturday nite Jan 27th!!! First time in years... bought a ball gown, shoes.... Going to a fundraiser ball! So bank the next system to come in as a score... that’s typically my luck. :/

Last edited:
Back