• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry More SE Snow ? (1/16-1/18)

Boom! I'm about to pass out, y'all! One more frame to go. I might hit 6"!
snku_acc.us_ma.png

The funny thing is for the second time this winter, Brent's home will get snow while he's in Dallas.

In all seriousness, take that band and move it north or south, fifty miles and that would be the place to be. BMX is sitting good with their call, kudos to Matt Grantam.

NWS Atlanta increased local totals to up to 2". This is great for everyone in south metro who were screwed on last storm.

jPTEBMW.jpg

You beat me to it, I was about to post the update to the WWA.

"... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 10 AM EST WEDNESDAY... ... WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 PM EST WEDNESDAY... * WHAT... SNOW EXPECTED. VERY COLD WIND CHILLS EXPECTED. PLAN ON DIFFICULT TRAVEL CONDITIONS. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF UP TO TWO INCHES ARE EXPECTED. EXPECT WIND CHILLS TO RANGE FROM 5 ABOVE ZERO TO 5 BELOW ZERO. * WHERE... PORTIONS OF NORTH AND WEST CENTRAL GEORGIA. * WHEN... FOR THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY, FROM 5 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 10 AM EST WEDNESDAY"

What does it take for BMX to change advisory to Winter Storm Watch ?

You've got it backwards. An advisory is a upgrade to a watch. You would never go from an advisory to a watch.

Now you could be upgraded to a winter storm warning, but a watch is issued 24-48 hours before a storm, basically giving you a warning ahead of time of what to expect.

Back