• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry More SE Snow ? (1/16-1/18)

Downtown Huntsville ended up with just under a quarter inch. I'll take it, though I'd always like to see more.

You can see the precip has started a more SW to NE flow....this could be a HUGE trend in the right direction for central AL. Watch the Columbus, MS radar and see if the back end starts to slow...if so, look out I-20!

Minor change, but FFC updated grids for Cumming, GA bumped snow from 0.5 to 0.6, with light rain arriving around 4pm, light snow at 6pm.

Temperature drop is something...
4pm: 42 degrees
7pm: 30
10pm: 20

Yeah it's good for everyone really . Will allow for intensification and slower movement.

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
Just as the HRRR is advertising. Looks like the N GA snow hole went POOF! I as well as many others are glad that recent modeling is saying this. 10 Hours of snow on the HRRR with 2-3 being at least moderate snow means a good amount here. Not sure what the ratios will be or how dry/wet they will be, but seeing higher QPF and snow totals is great.

Back