• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry More SE Snow ? (1/16-1/18)

southmissvly_loop.gif
According to this, the band is forming

@Spurs up up I think you're okay anywhere between half and inch to 1 1/2 inches or so. Depends on where heavier rates setup, always surprises in a situation like this. Upper air aloft will beat out a weak layer of warmer air at the surface as long as you have an okay rate of snowflakes coming down.

@Spurs up up I think you're okay anywhere between half and inch to 1 1/2 inches or so. Depends on where heavier rates setup, always surprises in a situation like this. Upper air aloft will beat out a weak layer of warmer air at the surface as long as you have an okay rate of snowflakes coming down.
ok cool thanks!

Looks like the event is almost over for us up here in NW AL. Looks like the Florence area where I'm at will finish around 1" with maybe 1.25" in some areas.

Ground truth from 33/40 tracker shows that, even where snow has been falling all morning, there just isn't a lot of impact and barely even noticeable in the grassy areas.
Lol negative nancy. Its the deep south. We arnt even supposed to have snow. Be happy we get to see something.

The event is almost over for us up here in NW AL. Looks like the Florence area where I'm at will finish around 1" with maybe 1.25" in some areas.

Back end of the band making its way through Columbus, MS now...booking it! If I were in the Montgomery area, I would be feeling good about my chances. Anyone from down that way?
I am. It'll probably come in as rain, then switch over to snow. Will be a mess. I'm hoping they'll let state workers out sooner rather than later.

Looks like the event is almost over for us up here in NW AL. Looks like the Florence area where I'm at will finish around 1" with maybe 1.25" in some areas.
Congrats! Looks like you guys may be the winner if the SE portions of BMX CWA doesn't luck up in the pivot area.

Congrats! Looks like you guys may be the winner if the SE portions of BMX CWA doesn't luck up in the pivot area.

Had enough ignore button on

If the amount of time you use to downplay an event was put into looking at the models, radar and atmospheric conditions it would be different. You can clearly see intensity levels increase on radar and short term models continue to improve along and E of the I-59 corridor

Back