• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Model Discussion 2/9-2/10

18z GEFS looked similar to 12z on the mean. Here's the most significant (and positive) panel I could find at hr 78. Pretty good shift south with the low pressure for that one panel.
sfcwind_mslp.conus.png
IF, big IF, this shifted south, then something interesting could come up. Who cares about the initial wave we were after, that one is in the trash can at this point IMO.

Huge trend east today with the ridging + the vorticity involved with generating our shortwave speeds up...about as far away as you can get if you want a low to form. This one is done.
2ab0f1251a04e4ca25a5bc0a9df96585.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looking over some modeling. The 12z UKMET has the low further south than 18z GFS. It has the low over upstate SC at 0z Thur. This could mean snow for TN, northern AL, NW GA and then possibly all of north GA as the low pushes off the NC coast. I don't have a temp map but by judging of where the surface high is the cold air could get in here before its too late.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Ugh.... welcome to being a Atl sports fan I half expect to see the 0z show a tornado hitting my neighborhood in a few days... one of worst days of my life

It's gonna take a looooooonnnngggg time to get over that... so came here to get another kick in nuts

Well, the 0z GFS is looking more better up at H5 than 18z GFS. The winds at H5 are more where I'd like to see them. The ridge looks like its a little further west. The system needs to slow down.

Another change on the 0z GFS is the low is closer to the coast in the NE. Hmmm?

I think it's -------- that we actually renamed this thread a model discussion.

Who in their right mind has a discussion about weather models? They are computers that crunch numbers and provide a solution that people who are supposed to know how to interpret, decide to make a forecast on.

I think it's -------- that we actually renamed this thread a model discussion.

Who in their right mind has a discussion about weather models? They are computers that crunch numbers and provide a solution that people who are supposed to know how to interpret, decide to make a forecast on.
Maybe we should just lock it up. It's set on its solution now.

Do you want a thread or to post them on the blog? I love seeing them

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I'm actually in the process of putting an archive and temporary website to house these maps. I have about 900 storms to analyze (I've done ~ 160 thus far) and each one takes several hours to do, so it will likely be several months-year before I release them unfortunately :/ .

Reactions: SD
I'm actually in the process of putting an archive and temporary website to house these maps. I have about 900 storms to analyze (I've done ~ 160 thus far) and each one takes several hours to do, so it will likely be several months-year before I release them unfortunately :/ .
We have nothing but time lol.

Back