• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Miserable March

GaWx

Reaction score
I can't wait any longer. I've decided to start this thread now because I'm seeing today's Happy Hour GFS showing for the 3rd GFS in 5 runs more very cold air and quite possibly THE coldest of the season to date plunging into the SE in early March. I don't want to clutter up the Feb thread anymore.

I'm extra excited because not only do I love cold but also because a month ago I predicted based mainly on analogs the coldest stretch of the winter within 2/20-3/20 with a 2-3 week period of BN domination in the SE

Happy Hour GFS!

1582325968654.png

Last edited:
I can't wait any longer. I've decided to start this thread now because I'm seeing today's Happy Hour GFS showing for the 3rd GFS in 5 runs with more very cold air and quite possibly THE coldest of the season to date plunging into the SE in early March. I don't want to clutter up the Feb thread anymore.
I'm extra excited because not only do I love cold but also because a month ago I predicted based mainly on analogs the coldest stretch of the winter within 2/20-3/20 with a 2-3 week period of BN domiantion in the SE

Happy Hour GFS!

View attachment 36179
So I realized 2 years ago you started Magnificent March as well. Can we maybe get a different name?

I can't wait any longer. I've decided to start this thread now because I'm seeing today's Happy Hour GFS showing for the 3rd GFS in 5 runs more very cold air and quite possibly THE coldest of the season to date plunging into the SE in early March. I don't want to clutter up the Feb thread anymore.

I'm extra excited because not only do I love cold but also because a month ago I predicted based mainly on analogs the coldest stretch of the winter within 2/20-3/20 with a 2-3 week period of BN domination in the SE

Happy Hour GFS!

You have predicted this for several weeks and it appears to be coming to fruition. Congratulations. You are one of the posters that I really enjoy because of the information you provide.

One interesting note is that quite possibly the coldest weather we experience will not be in meteorological winter. We had the November cold snap and this upcoming stretch may see some bitter cold in March.

If it is going to be cold, then let’s get another storm or 2 out of it. Especially for some of the I-20 folks who would love to see something!

Good luck to everyone and thank you all for your contributions.

Tonysc, who occasionally posts on here, has often spoke about March of 1960.

Incredible!

Hey thanks for the recognition there ColaSnow. Yeah I was just five years old and remember getting a lot of snow around that age. My parents and others around their age would talk about how we got three snowstorms in two weeks in March of 1960.

But still wet
4a4f7a210722c5ce3faf7ff403acc16d.jpg

Do you think we are still headed towards another El Niño?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back