• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Thread

But seriously today is the first hot day of the year
I'm taking my son to the Got To Be NC festival tomorrow and will be forced to walk around on the concrete and ride all the spinny, in and out, round and round rides in the blazing sun upper 90s. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to that.

I'm taking my son to the Got To Be NC festival tomorrow and will be forced to walk around on the concrete and ride all the spinny, in and out, round and round rides in the blazing sun upper 90s. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to that.
Oof especially since we haven't really had any hot weather previously to get acclimated

Make sure you eat a funnel cake before you get on the beebop whoopdee doo.

Oof especially since we haven't really had any hot weather previously to get acclimated
That's a huge part of it, we literally had some night time temps in the low 40s just 10 days ago and now pushing 100. This from winter to summer stuff is what really sucks to me

That's a huge part of it, we literally had some night time temps in the low 40s just 10 days ago and now pushing 100. This from winter to summer stuff is what really sucks to me
Could be worse , could be Mack and you endured winter in April and went right into summer without any spring weather.

Yeah it's not that horrible I just wanted to be included in the discussion
I love spring and hate when we get jipped out of it . Out of all seasons it seems to be the easiest to miss out on because of its instability . I already miss early April and the burst of azaleas . Life is so promising during that time .

I love spring and hate when we get jipped out of it . Out of all seasons it seems to be the easiest to miss out on because of its instability . I already miss early April and the burst of azaleas . Life is so promising during that time .
Yep. I like Fall and it seems we don't get a lot of that in many years.

Heck of a rug pull coming for this weekend. It's amazing we're still not done with the 60s.

I really expected warmer yesterday, but the dewpoint shot up sometime late last night. It has only hit 87F here so far today, and only .41" of rain in the past 30+ days. This has been by far the driest stretch since being back in Georgia for the past five years. These dry periods through spring and fall are normal, however, its just the befuddlement of the past three large systems dissipating to the bewilderment of everyone right when they get here. I have my reservations about the upcoming wet pattern.

1652994502309.png

The heat really couldn't wait until next week lol, it's actually supposed to be relatively cool at Myrtle next Friday, which is good I guess.

Maybe it was different for everybody else, or maybe our perceptions of things change because we're older now, but I have lived in NC my whole life and I don't remember very many summers where we didn't have to water the garden or walk through a yard where the grass was dry. We almost always have multiple yearly periods where it's hot and dry during the summers.

That is typical. I'm with you that it sucks. I wish it would be cool and rain every other day. But it seems far-fetched to expect that to be the norm.

Related to this, the constant sarcasm in the weather threads has become ridiculous. And I have engaged in it too. I'm ridiculous. But all this drought vs no drought hot maps vs cold maps wen hot wen cold wen snow tumbleweeds 384 gfs 7" rain maps to prove some kind of a point is ridiculous. I'm sorry for engaging in it. It's valueless. All of it.

Some of it is just kidding and some of it is just jabbing. And some of it gets people riled up and then there are arguments and resentment. We all know each other and what kind of weather we like. I'm sorry for poking at others who want something different than what I want. Sincerely, I mean that.
Agreed. The good years it was just a couple weeks or so of watering but it always happened.

Back