• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May-hem

It's looking like my area may be going to miss today's rain. Everything is to our west and moving north. Redevelopment isn't going to be likely either due to gulf coast convection doing its thing. Tues and Wed is our best hope and I'm betting that stays near the coast.
That's a shame for you! :(
I've had 2" since midnight ! :)

60 this morning with low clouds and a NE wind. Much better than the 92 from yesterday

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Not exactly vacation weather this morning in PCB. Rainy, windy, and cool. Forecasts doesn't look great. Too many $$$$ to sit inside at the beach. Hope it breaks. I know the beachfront can have it's own weather enviro so I hope we ger lucky. Happy for the rain and at home and for all those who needed it.

That's a shame for you! :(
I've had 2" since midnight ! :)
I can see you getting another inch of rain today, but it is not looking good over here at all. Hopefully the system for Tues and Wed gets the eastern upstate, but I'm not counting on it.

With the way this is going, the biggest loser out of this system might actually be me. I might just get a little over a trace as the best rain has juuuuuuuuusssssssssttttt missed my area.

Sooner or later it's gonna quit, but until it does, here's more May-hem ... LOL

gfs_T2ma_us_14.png

gfs_T2ma_us_18.png

From NWS JAX --

An unusually strong trough of low pressure in the middle and upper portions of the atmosphere will slowly dig southeastward from the Upper Midwest into the eastern United States during the early and middle portions of this week. Southwesterly flow aloft will strengthen over our region, transporting an increasingly deep tropical air mass from the Gulf of Mexico into southeast Georgia and northeast Florida. Smaller scale disturbances will periodically move overhead through Wednesday evening, bringing rounds of widespread showers and thunderstorms each day and evening. Strong thunderstorms will be possible by Tuesday and Wednesday as winds aloft continue to strengthen, with heavier activity capable of producing damaging wind gusts, hail, and frequent cloud to ground lightning strikes. Rainfall totals through Thursday morning are expected to be in the 2 to 4 inch range for most locations, with locally higher totals possible. Although these will be largely beneficial rainfall totals for our drought stricken region, localized flooding will be possible where slow moving heavy downpours develop, especially in urban and low lying areas.
image6.png

That training over my house, tho!!
Amazingly tropical downpours! Over 3" since midnight ! Absolutely ripping!

That training over my house, tho!!
Amazingly tropical downpours! Over 3" since midnight ! Absolutely ripping!
You are going over 4, maybe even 5, before the day is over. We finally got rain in the eastern upstate and am up to .92 here. The GFS and NAM moved the heaviest rain for Tues and Wed back toward the mountains and foothills where 5-7 could fall. I expect flood watches to be expanded a little this evening to include the I-85 corridor. They may hold off until tomorrow though, but will be issuing them before tomorrow night.

Back