• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Flowers

It would be Mayhem if the pattern goes back and forth like it's been doing the last few weeks.

Hopefully, it continues. It is still spring and the back and forth makes the wx much more interesting. We'll probably have nearly 3 months of monotonous and uncomfy heat/humidity day after day June-August.

Hopefully, it continues. It is still spring and the back and forth makes the wx much more interesting. We'll probably have nearly 3 months of monotonous and uncomfy heat/humidity day after day June-August.
All I was/am trying to point out in the initial post is ... who knows ... whoda thunk April after February?
Could be ... no ... will be ... interesting ... ;)
... and only 3 months ... what a blessing that would be ... :cool:
~~~~~~~~
In the meantime ... 'night all ... gotta get up at 5:00 and go walk in this nice cool N FL air ... :p

Last edited:
any 'vegas' odds on if the ICON depicts snow activity in the mountains of Tn/NC in May? I'm talking 4500' or higher here... I say 16:1.

I'm a severe weather novice.. what are some of the things to look for on tropical tidbits maps that might indicate potential severe or tornadic systems?

I mean, obviously this is something to look for I guess for southern plains/midwest storms... but what else?
gfs_Td2m_us_32.png

Just to follow up ...

Brent may see some cool; looks like must of us should see a pleasant start to Mayflowers ...

610temp.new.gif sfc_count_sup814_temp.gif

Anyone got the eps anomalies from day 10-15? I'm looking to put our bermuda grass next weekend but need highs at least in the 75-80 range to get good germination.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Anyone got the eps anomalies from day 10-15? I'm looking to put our bermuda grass next weekend but need highs at least in the 75-80 range to get good germination.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I really thought after this heat dome a weekend from now , it’s supposed to get back into the 70s/50s regime again!

I'm a severe weather novice.. what are some of the things to look for on tropical tidbits maps that might indicate potential severe or tornadic systems?
Look for Sbcape values over 1000, dew points over 60, bulk shear over 40kts, winds at at 850mb over 40knts. You of course want to look for troughs and vort maxes at 500mb. Look for LIs over -6.

That is just a few very basic things to get you started.

Would be a nice winter look! That +PNA ridge! Transient SE ridges are the best!

Well, our SoutheastRidge poster is transient since he's in Indiana only temporarily. So, I guess that makes him the best!

Last edited:
Back