• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Discussion

They said on TWC earlier that there forecasts of 3-6” of rain near the coast, was gonna bust hard! Wilmington was up to only 1/2 an inch at 11 AM this morning
I had a feeling they were being too bullish for the coastal areas… though with some of the band that’s coming in, there’s gonna be some spots that add totals quickly… depending where bands train over areas.

This blows…not really. Weather is going to do what weather does but the wind can go. For this not to be a tropical system the wind hasn’t let up since we got in yesterday in North Myrtle Beach. It’s been a constant 18-22 mph winds. The rain has been so bad. The lifeguards have been patrolling the beaches nonstop where we are at because there is sure to be someone not so bright going out in the ocean. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

This weather…. Oh my…Let’s keep it rolling.

Edit: Thank y’all in NC for taking the brunt of it yet giving us cool NE flow.
We are not happy… weather sucks butt … Columbia was in the low 50s all day …

Thanks for thinking about us tho

It really is. It won’t make the news, but this event is sooooo rare. Memorial Days high is 77 degrees with pure sunshine! What a weekend.

Seriously I can't believe the one time I come back to Alabama on Memorial Day weekend of all times I get perfect weather the entire 4 days. Today was just the icing on the cake and the perfect way to wrap it up

IMG-20230527-161633406-HDR.jpg

It's always nice setting record low highs on Memorial day weekend and to be just a few days out from June is even better. Today was colder than Thanksgiving was around here.

There are colder spots around here in East Alabama that may be in the 40s by morning. Probably nearly unheard of this late. There's been many years they are already in full on summer by now

I was a little worried about the coverage earlier but this thing is backfilling nicely and it’s been a co start rain here since 2 this afternoon.

I noticed the neighborhood pool did not open yesterday. To me, I'll take what we had yesterday, mainly nice not having to burn $ on AC with just a few sprinkles. If you wanted to be in the pool or lake, you would have a different take on it. the rest of the weekend looks pretty bad though if the rain eventually gets here. 90 Sat is going to be rude!

Back