• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Discussion

Yep, I love this weather. Can't get better for May.

Today
Mostly sunny, with a high near 81. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph.
Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 54. East wind around 7 mph.
Tuesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 76. Northeast wind 8 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 51. Northeast wind 7 to 9 mph.
Wednesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 75. Northeast wind 8 to 10 mph.
Wednesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.
Thursday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53.
Friday
Partly sunny, with a high near 72.
Friday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Saturday
A chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 74. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Saturday Night
A chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 53. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.

Here on the Beach?

COOL TEMPS & LOTSA PRECIP

Predicted Massive washout.. can't wait! ;)

I spent all this damn money on an inground pool last year and I can’t even use it for memorial day weekend because it’s gonna be too a$$ hat cold to get into. WTH…
My boys have been swimming in our pool since late April and I swear I don’t know how they can stand it. The water temperature right now is in the low 70s…. We have a solar cover that I got a few years ago to put on it that could warm it a few degrees, but there’s just been too much overcast for it to be effective

06z pulls it in further south and cuts our rain totals significantly
Yeah, but the cool temps would be amazing for late May. The 6z NAM would be cooler with spotty highs in the 40s.

6z GFS for midafternoon on Saturday:
1684935794238.png

6z NAM for the same time:
1684935946585.png

Attachments

• 1684935739644.png
    1684935739644.png
    286.5 KB · Views: 4
MEH.. I'll report from Da Island if anything is news worthy..

Otherwise a Classic Nor'Easter,, (In the Spring?).. ;)

Watching the euro here its father SW low track sets this area up for a brief fire hose event Saturday night into Sunday. The American models are more of a left of track cold rain event Saturday but are partly cloudy with scattered showers and storms on Sunday. With temps moderating back to near normal. I wish this was going to happen mid week instead of a holiday weekend but there's a price to pay this time of year when you get this setup

Local NWS..
Believe it or not, confidence continues to increase for an
a typical Nor`easter-like event to unfold across the coastal
Carolinas over Memorial Day weekend.

Model guidance continues to
come into somewhat better agreement regarding the details of
this event, with two distinct vort maxes expected to pivot
around each other Fujiwhara-style over the Southeast US before
merging into a large closed upper low by Sunday. This will bring
extensive rain and wind impacts, with the worst conditions
along the coastline. Temperatures will run below to well-below
normal given the supply of cool air from the north and extensive
clouds and precip due to the coastal low.

Fairly strong surface high pressure over the Great Lakes at the
start of the period will sustain a low-level wedge of cool air
over the area. Model guidance suggests that a rain shield
associated with low pressure off the Florida coast will be slow
to spread inland on Friday, with the best chances for rain
staying near the coast.

Can't wait :rolleyes:

gfs_T2ma_seus_15.png

This is generally the worst memorial day weekend forecast i've ever seen, on the heels of the worst easter weekend ive ever seen... keep the small vendors that thrive on tourists in your thoughts

imagine booking the blockade runner at wrightsville on what i'm sure are insane rates for the weekend and you learn it may not crack 68 for 72 hours with a sharp NE wind and rain to boot. couldn't be me! i was planning to come home but instead will be staying in richmond

This is generally the worst memorial day weekend forecast i've ever seen, on the heels of the worst easter weekend ive ever seen... keep the small vendors that thrive on tourists in your thoughts

imagine booking the blockade runner at wrightsville on what i'm sure are insane rates for the weekend and you learn it may not crack 68 for 72 hours with a sharp NE wind and rain to boot. couldn't be me! i was planning to come home but instead will be staying in richmond
Yeah everyone thinking that how cool it will be this weekend is forgetting just how bad the economic impact is gonna be. Just like ski resorts in the winter depend on having strong week from Christmas to New Years and strong MLK and President’s Day weekends in order to have a profitable season… Beach communities, lake and camping communities need to have strong Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July, and Labor Day weekend.

Back