• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May be?

46 This morning, and a high of 52. Not projected to see to see 60 again till Friday morning. I'd love to see some Climatology on this? Does anyone have a link where i can find the record low maximum for this time of year?
For GSO...apparently it was cold in 81 apt this time. You can find the full table by going to the RAH main page --> climate and past weather --> local data/recordsScreenshot_20200520-094952_Chrome.jpg

46 This morning, and a high of 52. Not projected to see to see 60 again till Friday morning. I'd love to see some Climatology on this? Does anyone have a link where i can find the record low maximum for this time of year?
I am almost 100% certain there has never been a stretch this late in the year with this many consecutive maximums under 60. Hell it wouldnt surprise me if early may and late April have never seen this before. Maximums avg over 80 over more than half the state this time of year. Montreals 10 day is infintely hotter than anywhere in NC. Even Paris looks much warmer.

KGSP may make a run at the 5/20 minimum high temp record! They are currently reporting 48F, with the record being 57F (hit 54F around midnight today)

I was stuck in the upper 40s most of yesterday....the official high at GSO was 54, though. It wasn't a record cool max high, amazingly enough. It's time to move on to the warm/humid, thunderstorm weather.

Well so far, 20 days in (probably 21 unless we bust high on our high temp), the average high for May has been 80ish. That will go up in the final days of the month but with the way we've been tracking, this will probably be the coolest May we've had since 2016. The following June was decent for summer, but then July was hot.

Now if we could avoid storms on Memorial Day when we want to grill out with family (60% chance of showers and thunderstorms right now :rolleyes:), this would be a pretty good May all in all (and it would be even better if my fight to get my TEAS score up some becomes a win tomorrow).

Well so far, 20 days in (probably 21 unless we bust high on our high temp), the average high for May has been 80ish. That will go up in the final days of the month but with the way we've been tracking, this will probably be the coolest May we've had since 2016. The following June was decent for summer, but then July was hot.

Now if we could avoid storms on Memorial Day when we want to grill out with family (60% chance of showers and thunderstorms right now :rolleyes:), this would be a pretty good May all in all (and it would be even better if my fight to get my TEAS score up some becomes a win tomorrow).
This May does remind me if 2016

Very surprised to see an enhanced risk today hmmm

A COUPLE
STRONG TORNADOES MAY OCCUR WITH THE MORE DOMINANT SUPERCELLS, WITH
THE GREATEST POTENTIAL FROM BETWEEN WICHITA FALLS AND FORT WORTH
NORTHEASTWARD TO NEAR MCALESTER, OKLAHOMAswody1_tornadoprob (2).png

Last edited:
Thanks man! Super pumped, looks like we got a few decent setups right off the bat. Flying into Dallas later this morning and we’ll assess from there
Today is quite a interesting setup with that OFB there, you may get a really good storm today that drops something, but anyways enjoy it man, today May be a big day

Back