• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May be?

Guess I spoke too soon... summer is not here and looks like there will be no summer this year at all. 63 and stratus while drizzling and 62 in Greensboro... happy memorial day sure is great for swimming in pools today.

Entire 10 day looks like garbage .
Don't worry October will have the 90s covered

I have never seen a year in my life struggle this hard to be warm. Never . Its almost June and its neither reliably sunny or reliably warm, even places in the damn subarctic reaches of Canada tend to at least be both these things by June.

Rochester NY , Pittsburgh PA and places like montreal all look super warm and super summery next 10 days . Some 90 possible for this region over next few days. Meanwhile down here we cant even break 65.

I spy January with my little eye .... coldest place in northern hemisphere relative to average for the millionth time.... its the Roanoke to gso to rdu corridor !

gfs_T2m_us_27.png
gfs_T2ma_nhem_27.png

still worth noting that wind profiles are supportive of organized convection but now it’s Friday and sat
Friday (it shows a westward moving line of storms ?
8F9FB9DA-F797-4F36-BFE1-2B98A00E2242.png78A9E3B5-1F93-453F-982F-38C80920EF08.png20D4E5C1-DB5D-42D2-AC2C-79C3DC1FBC6D.png
saturday 6843F51B-B7FB-488A-AEB0-FB79C9B5A4AF.pngCCB89C5A-1117-4219-9EA7-6D4224873857.png990A5114-988C-4D83-86A2-7E25EB7480B1.png

This has got to be the reason. 50's water temperature right off the northeastern coast.
It isn't helping. Weak remnant sfc low from the cutoff last week sliding south near the obx, new fresh sfc high off of the NE coast means we get stuck in a NE flow. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we do something similar a couple more times

This is how you get severe storms with a backdoor front/boundary setup this time of the year, btw each run energy is getting closer and closer to a phase F7DC76E5-6968-45B0-BF9C-34AA5EE3726D.png

I have never seen a year in my life struggle this hard to be warm. Never . Its almost June and its neither reliably sunny or reliably warm, even places in the damn subarctic reaches of Canada tend to at least be both these things by June.

Rochester NY , Pittsburgh PA and places like montreal all look super warm and super summery next 10 days . Some 90 possible for this region over next few days. Meanwhile down here we cant even break 65.
You need to spend one summer in Columbia SC. Just one. I guarantee you'll get enough summer to last you a lifetime. You'll be glad to get back to RDU.

You need to spend one summer in Columbia SC. Just one. I guarantee you'll get enough summer to last you a lifetime. You'll be glad to get back to RDU.
Columbia sc is not that drastically different from here in summer apart from early and late summer where it is a solid 3-5 warmer . At least thats what the averages show .

Columbia sc is not that drastically different from here in summer apart from early and late summer where it is a solid 3-5 warmer . At least thats what the averages show .
You may want to check the amount of 100 degree plus days compared to other places

Don’t talk to me about humidity until you’ve lived in Miami. It’s been a while since we haven’t had an outrageously hot summer, and personally I’m excited for a near average or below average summer.
The thing with Miami is it rarely gets above 90 degrees. So the heat index is likely still below 100. Columbia frequently hits 100+ with a mid 70s dewpoint. Heat index 110+. Only Augusta GA can rival CAE in the summer in the SE.

The thing with Miami is it rarely gets above 90 degrees. So the heat index is likely still below 100. Columbia frequently hits 100+ with a mid 70s dewpoint. Heat index 110+. Only Augusta GA can rival CAE in the summer in the SE.
Its the sandhills for you, parts of wake county fall under the sand hills. Fayetteville , Columbia , Lumberton, Augusta are all characterized by the same sandy soil with big diurnal ranges and heat potential. Augusta georgia has crazy huge diurnal ranges , the average lows year round in Augusta are identical to Raleigh almost depsite average highs being a solid 6-7 degree warmer in the colder season , 2-3 warmer rest of year.

Its the sandhills for you, parts of wake county fall under the sand hills. Fayetteville , Columbia , Lumberton, Augusta are all characterized by the same sandy soil with big diurnal ranges and heat potential. Augusta georgia has crazy huge diurnal ranges , the average lows year round in Augusta are identical to Raleigh almost depsite average highs being a solid 6-7 degree warmer in the colder season , 2-3 warmer rest of year.

Also probably why the piedmont sfc trough always sets up around those areas causing daily thunderstorms

Back