• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations May 22 - 31 Soaker + Alberto Event Observations

At least I get to see cool tops. This is the storm out toward Wilson
54beb576f5d4b2abc04015305d82f80c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Nice, missed it this much
431151c31929321a34d913486db36b1c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not one drop of rain today! 90% chance tomorrow and Friday. Not holding my breath.

Mousture plume next week is really impressive with 2 plus inch pwats surging into a good part of the region. Hope to capitalize imby

Now over 7 inches of rain since May 14th with 0.9" yesterday. Real chance at clearing 10 inches in a short time period.

In SAV, we've had some rain most days since the prior gulf dist brought in moisture, which is a good thing since we're I think still in a drought thanks to the very dry Jan-March. Today's rain was all in the morning oddly enough.
So, Larry..I'm up to 6 inches for the week, and have a trop storm coming...so say it gives me another 6 inches...am I guaranteed nothing but 70's and 80's for the rest of the summer like the last Alberto provided? I'm really looking forward to a summer with temps no higher than 87, lol. I think that's fair, since I lost most of my winter. Should I bet money on it? And still no mosquitoes. Should I make a worlds coming to an end sign? Or just plan on enjoying mosquito free 70's and 80's until Oct, lol, which would make this the best summer ever! Well, since 74 anyway. I mean Alberto really did take the heat away from early July on. I can't find records back that far for here, but I bet if there was a stray ninety, there weren't but one or two. It was amazingly non hot for the rest of the summer after all that rain from td Alberto.

No rain here today. I feel like Shane. Storms all around but found a way to miss here.

Surf is picking up quite a bit here on Miramar Beach. Overcast but bright enough for some beach time before the deluge.

Looking at sprinkles on the radar, I won’t even get an inch total the next 5 days! What a horrible bust. Heavy rain isn’t just going to develop out of nowhere! :mad:

Lol. Under a flash flood watch when all the moisture is moving west of the area. Maybe some spotty popcorn cumulonimbus tstorms but no major rain on the way.

Absolutely pouring here and has been steadily raining here for most of the last 8 or so hours in addition to some morning rain. The model consensus has done well here. Let's see if we end up with the ~2" of the model consensus. Just what the doc ordered for the lawns here, which had still been pretty dry even though the strong drought of earlier in the year had eased. I've been doing a lot of walking on the treadmill of late to escape the humidity.

A little rain and some wind here on Miramar Beach but nothing too bad yet. Some good waves out there and a brave/dumb soul or two actually trying to ride them.

Had a steady light rain for the past hour much better than getting 2 inches in 15 minutes from a storm

Had a steady light rain for the past hour much better than getting 2 inches in 15 minutes from a storm

Totally agree and did you see the flash flooding in Ellicott Maryland yesterday? I have an uncle who lives there fortunately he's up on a hill didn't have any problems but I think they had 10 in just a couple of hours that was insane

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back