• We've made some major changes to the website. You can view a short list : Here
  • Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

May 22 - 31 Soaker + Alberto Event Observations (1 Viewer)

Just started raining here in Midtown for the first time all day. Have had a lot over past week, expect a lot more this weekend.

pcbjr

Supporter
OMGoodness ... There's this big half orb, yellow, directly overhead; looks like something seen at Sam's Club in the cheese department; and a big bright dot in the far western sky ... the sky is black and not grey reflective; any ideas on what this apparition might be?

GaWx

Supporter
In SAV, we've had some rain most days since the prior gulf dist brought in moisture, which is a good thing since we're I think still in a drought thanks to the very dry Jan-March. Today's rain was all in the morning oddly enough.

EastAtlwx

Meteorology Student
well that HRRR was right about yesterday, we got smacked and picked up 1.80" while areas a few miles south of here picked up in excess of 3" from about 6pm yesterday to 10 am this morning.

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
It's amazing the difference over a relatively short distance, you're having to water your grass and I can't keep up with cutting mine.
Nice man. Going to have to water today grass that is just germinating is in dry ground already

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Mousture plume next week is really impressive with 2 plus inch pwats surging into a good part of the region. Hope to capitalize imby

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dsaur

Supporter
In SAV, we've had some rain most days since the prior gulf dist brought in moisture, which is a good thing since we're I think still in a drought thanks to the very dry Jan-March. Today's rain was all in the morning oddly enough.
So, Larry..I'm up to 6 inches for the week, and have a trop storm coming...so say it gives me another 6 inches...am I guaranteed nothing but 70's and 80's for the rest of the summer like the last Alberto provided? I'm really looking forward to a summer with temps no higher than 87, lol. I think that's fair, since I lost most of my winter. Should I bet money on it? And still no mosquitoes. Should I make a worlds coming to an end sign? Or just plan on enjoying mosquito free 70's and 80's until Oct, lol, which would make this the best summer ever! Well, since 74 anyway. I mean Alberto really did take the heat away from early July on. I can't find records back that far for here, but I bet if there was a stray ninety, there weren't but one or two. It was amazingly non hot for the rest of the summer after all that rain from td Alberto.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)