• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations May 22 - 31 Soaker + Alberto Event Observations

Just started raining here in Midtown for the first time all day. Have had a lot over past week, expect a lot more this weekend.

OMGoodness ... There's this big half orb, yellow, directly overhead; looks like something seen at Sam's Club in the cheese department; and a big bright dot in the far western sky ... the sky is black and not grey reflective; any ideas on what this apparition might be?

In SAV, we've had some rain most days since the prior gulf dist brought in moisture, which is a good thing since we're I think still in a drought thanks to the very dry Jan-March. Today's rain was all in the morning oddly enough.

I'm really getting tired of managing to get hit by late night thunderstorms this year. This is the 3rd one.

About to get stormed on again. Going to see today if I can wait out the storms and walk later, even though it hasn't been bad outside.

well that HRRR was right about yesterday, we got smacked and picked up 1.80" while areas a few miles south of here picked up in excess of 3" from about 6pm yesterday to 10 am this morning.

Picked up just .12 today but it was enough to get me over 4" for the month.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Nice man. Going to have to water today grass that is just germinating is in dry ground already

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's amazing the difference over a relatively short distance, you're having to water your grass and I can't keep up with cutting mine.
Nice man. Going to have to water today grass that is just germinating is in dry ground already

It's amazing the difference over a relatively short distance, you're having to water your grass and I can't keep up with cutting mine.

At least I get to see cool tops. This is the storm out toward Wilson
54beb576f5d4b2abc04015305d82f80c.jpg

Back