• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

March 18-19th Possible Severe Wx Outbreak

Let's do it
Looks like it’s on a general trajectory to strike Wake, Harnett, or Cumberland county eventually down the line. Not sure which one of those it’s gonna be, depends on how much it deviates to the right and if there’s any splitting or storm interactions

So it never got much above 60 in GSO, dews are still in the 50s, and it appears that a big blob of rain is forming over us. Starting to wonder about our chances of seeing severe up here.

Looks like it’s on a general trajectory to strike Wake, Harnett, or Cumberland county eventually down the line. Not sure which one of those it’s gonna be, depends on how much it deviates to the right and if there’s any splitting or storm interactions
Yeah it looks like it's heading right for me or @Rain Cold

70 and the sun is finally starting to peek through. But will it be too late to make a difference?

261b071170f0c08ff1d9647cc5ef56c3.jpg

This guy.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest from Greg Fishel.
UPDATE 4:25 PM: NO WARNINGS WITH LINE OF STORMS NOW, BUT...

If you live in the Triangle, you may have noticed that the fog lifted, skies brightened, and the temperature jumped to near 70. So we are clearly on the warm side of the boundary now. A concentrated area of pressure falls associated with the aforementioned mesolow, is advancing in our direction. Currently the storms are moving through relatively cool and stable air, but when they get here in a couple of hours, they'll be in an entirely different environment, so we still have to watch out for these storms to intensify as they move in our direction. No watches yet, but the Storm Prediction Center is considering issuing one. Overall their threat level is considerably lower than it was this time yesterday, which does not surprise me based on what I talked about yesterday. Nonetheless, it ain't over 'til it's over! I know you all want definite answers. Heck, I want definite answers! But the atmosphere doesn't work that way. Subtle differences can have huge impacts.

Not much in the way of storm reports for the SE so far today. Pretty underwhelming even for an enhanced risk let alone widespread moderate we saw yesterday.

View attachment 79683
This event literally just started lol, you do realize most reports lag the storms by a lot?

Can we please wait until the event is actually over and the NWS storm surveys are complete a day or two later before we declare an event a “bust”?! Some people were doing this already this morning before any storms developed... (sigh).

I swear, people do this crap every time there’s a severe weather event. I understand that it may not look like what was expected thus far and if it ends up being that way, I’m totally okay with it, but good lord let it unfold first before you jump the gun and declare a bust.

Back