• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

March 18-19th Possible Severe Wx Outbreak

More from Greg Fishel

THICKENING FOG MEANS THE WARM, MOIST, UNSTABLE AIR IS JUST ABOVE THE SURFACE.

Visibilities have been dropping across much of the Triangle area due to fog, which often times occurs just before the warm air, just above the surface, finally makes its way down to the surface. Where this occurs is going to be critical in terms of specifying where the tornado threat is going to be greatest. It still appears to me that the greatest threat will be along and east of the I-95 corridor, where temperatures are likely to take a quick jump upward this afternoon along with a noticeable increase in wind speed. Now if you live in the Triangle, here's a way you can make your own forecast. If skies suddenly brighten, the temperature jumps upward into the 60s to near 70, and the wind begins to gust from the south, then the threat of tornadoes late this afternoon has increased. But if it stays murky and cloudy with some fog, then the threat will be much reduced. Time wise the greatest threat appears to be in the time frame of 4-7pm, with the threat ending from west to east by early this evening. This is NOT an imminent threat, so we still have at least a few hours to watch this entire scenario evolve. Stay safe, but don't panic.

70° in Anderson, starting to rain. It's been partly cloudy with some sun for a couple of hours now.
fb7947f5455d037523c18589d3f8406b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Clouds here are starting to thin even in Fayetteville.

Yeah the southern coastal plains into the the eastern coastal plains are gonna be ground zero if they can get east fast enough.....gonnabe alot of scuddy low top mini kindney beans all lined up till they hit the juice we got going on.....if they get there before dark ? ?

Back