• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry March 05-06th 2019 Wintry Weather

The 18Z GFS is 6 F colder for Macon vs the 6Z (38 vs 44) thanks mainly to the precip. as of 1 AM. At 7 AM, places barely NW of Macon to Columbus to near Montgomery near the north end of the precip. are down to 26 F! The clown I have gives Macon THE jackpot of 3", which would be a new record high snowfall for March there. The current record is 2.6" from the great 1993 storm.

Edited to mention that 3" would be alltime March MCN snowfall record.
Sign us up Larry. Make that happen

McComb, Miss, is at only 36 with a wintry mix! That's only 75 miles N of N.O.!

ref1km_ptype.us_ma.png

18z ECMWF continues the theme of pushing more QPF further inland over NC. I still like where I sit but I might be a smidge too far north in southern Fayetteville.

Webp.net-gifmaker (35).gif

If I were in Montgomery, Columbus, Macon, Augusta, Columbia, or Florence right now, I'd actually be very excited about what I COULD see in MBY! Sleep tonight would be a rumor.

Speak it into existence man, but I'm not really seeing it. That cold air is going to be delayed as you go eastward...

Which of course is going to mean that I probably miss a nice burst of sleet/snow at some point.

This is lowkey triggering me right now. So close, yet so far. I don't know why I bothered looking, I clearly have a problem. lmao
namconus_ref_frzn_seus_12.png

HRRR looks like it’s got more moisture this run. Problem is my college is all the way in Tifton, GA and my house is just north of Macon and I have a class at 8am ?

HRRR looks like it’s got more moisture this run. Problem is my college is all the way in Tifton, GA and my house is just north of Macon and I have a class at 8am ?

Actually, the Euro clown just posted has 0.1” of SN down to Tifton, which would be the first snow there in March in 50 years. Because of the even greater historical potential down there, I’d almost rather be there if I were chasing.

Brad Panovich’s in-house model prefers Charlotte to Greensboro. So I wouldn’t rule out a renegade flurry all the way back here in the NC foothills. His short range model has been very good all winter.

Back